front speakers and 6*9's???

Currently reading:
front speakers and 6*9's???

copeland666

i've got a fiat punto mk2 1.2 8v. i've already put a Sony headunit in it, a Fusion 12 inch sub and amp to power the sub. Now i need some new front speakers and some 6*9's. i either want to use Sony or Fusion. does anybody know which one is best for bass, clarity etc?

A decent set of components up front, amped if possible, and if you have a sub, then 6x9s are a BIG :nono: IMO. And I'd be tempted by Fusion over Sony TBH (y)

I wasnt impressed with the Sony speakers I had.

Youve got the bass sorted with the sub, so go for a set of 6.5" comps in the front doors like chaos said. I had 6x9s on the parcel shelf of my mk2, they seemed ok but only make the music loud more than anything.

Oh right. do you know if Fusion are good for components and 6*9's? so do you think i should not bother with 6*9's?

I say no to 6x9s because the bass from the sub and the 6x9s would interfere with each other, giving an unbalanced sound (IMO). Sony's speakers, IMO, are the weakest part of their range, their amps and HUs are pretty good, so I'd be inclined to go for Fusion components. (y) It also depends on your budget, etc.

Depending on your head unit you could make the 6x9s play only mid/high range (HFP) and leave the Bass to the sub (LFP)

If you set it up right you can put in anything. Your speaker choice depends on the natrual acoustics of your cars cabin.

A Good set of 6x9s will be straight forward, all you'd need to do is fiddle with the sound settings on your head unit.

Tweeter and Speaker Combinations will require good positioning to get the best sound out of them as well as a fiddle with your head unit.

Heard of MegaVox? they do good quality Speakers, 6x9s, subs for cheap.

good luck (y)

Trancendental said:
Heard of MegaVox? they do good quality Speakers, 6x9s, subs for cheap.

Not in my experience.

chaos said:
Not in my experience.

Well they do need wearing in at low volumes untill they all flexible as with all speakers, guess maybe the MegaVox just need a lil bit more wearing in.

If you want brand name I'd go for JBL, they make professional audio Speakers for Night Clubs, Theatres, Cinemas and Motors, I got 2 JBL 4x6 Dash mounted Speakers and they are lovely.

Got JBLs in the Cinema I work in and they tump and they don't ever need changing, in the three years I been there we've changed one and at our Enfield site they are regularly stolen which means they must be good.

Ask Turboned about the sound quality in the cinema he'll give you an honest opinion. (Our Digital Dolby Processor was broke for quite a bit, take that into consideration :p )

Think I had a talk with LouieB about JBL, he didn't like them but we agreed it all depends upon the sound engineer (You and you're fiddling with the head Unit)

Again... good Luck (y)

Back