Front seats in 124 Sport Coupe

Currently reading:
Front seats in 124 Sport Coupe

Harriet

Hey guys!
I'm just about to buy my first car (a Fiat, of course) and have spotted a great little '69 124 Sport Coupe in excellent condition. As this is a first car for a young driver (I'm only 17) my parents have a lot of say in the final choice, and for safety reasons will only consider a car with headrests on the front seats. Luckily, they love everything else about the car! Does anyone know anything about replacing the seats in the '69 model, like would it be possible to replace them with seats from the later years or a different seat altogether? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Harriet said:
Hey guys!
I'm just about to buy my first car (a Fiat, of course) and have spotted a great little '69 124 Sport Coupe in excellent condition. As this is a first car for a young driver (I'm only 17) my parents have a lot of say in the final choice, and for safety reasons will only consider a car with headrests on the front seats. Luckily, they love everything else about the car! Does anyone know anything about replacing the seats in the '69 model, like would it be possible to replace them with seats from the later years or a different seat altogether? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
later seats fit no problem. also consider fitting inertia type[reel] seat belts. the coupe has static seat belts which are no real use.
and congratulations on thinking about a classic.
for peace of mind, you should have it checked over by someone who knows about bodywork. they rot around the windscreen scuttle, floors, boot, sills, wings,top of doors[they fracture due to people slamming the door]. check the glass too. make sure quarter glass opens front and back. mechanicals are usually strong, but she is an old girl.
btw, where are you? :)

There has always been a rumor that Honda Civic or CRX seats fit into a 124 without much trouble. Not sure how accurate that is but may be worth a look :)

Thanks so much for the help guys, I'll definately be checking that out! I'm in Australia for those interested, Brisbane to be exact.

Harriet said:
Thanks so much for the help guys, I'll definately be checking that out! I'm in Australia for those interested, Brisbane to be exact.
do you know Bundaburg[north of brisbane]??

Who doesn't? That's where all of our rum comes from, lol.

Harriet said:
Who doesn't? That's where all of our rum comes from, lol.
ive got lots of family out there in a suburb called baggara. will hopefully be out for a few weeks at christmas.
unemployment is high:(
you are about 45 mins away, so might pop in to have a look at your 124.
ive had a few of them. just recently sold a minter. 2 owner from new 1974 1600 sport. in white[which shows all the dimples]. but bodywork was very very straight. lots of spares went with it too.:)

sumplug said:
ive got lots of family out there in a suburb called baggara. will hopefully be out for a few weeks at christmas.
unemployment is high:(
you are about 45 mins away, so might pop in to have a look at your 124.
ive had a few of them. just recently sold a minter. 2 owner from new 1974 1600 sport. in white[which shows all the dimples]. but bodywork was very very straight. lots of spares went with it too.:)

Sounds great, I might just hold you to that!

Harriet said:
Sounds great, I might just hold you to that!
all depends if my aunt is well or not. i believe the area she and her large family live is beautiful. they live 600m from the beach(y)
persica[who's a member on here] has said would show me around sydney. perhaps you could show me brisbane. do they still game fish for marlin etc?
and a friend in wellington, new zealand is going to show me his large collection of fiats.
also want to see tasmania:) a busy time i will have. btw, thanks for the offer.:) (y)

Back