General Front seat not sliding

Currently reading:
General Front seat not sliding

chriskoi

come on you reds
Hi everyone.
Iv got a problem with the passenger seat not sliding forward,the back tips foward but the base wont move,anyone come across this before?.Done a search but no results.
Cheers Chris:confused:

i was (almost) going to have the same problem but i solved it. this is how. when the back-rest is in the forward position check under the seat and see if the main lever (the one that you pull up in order to slide the seat) is in upper position.if it is then slide the seat totally back restore the back-rest to its normal position not forward and then just watch again underneath the seat if the main lever is in upper position. if it is (i am pretty sure i will be) pull it down yourself( normal position-you might have to ''play'' with the seat a little in order to get it down ) and this will unblock the seat. then it will work fine.remember that the seat blocks only if you try to slide it without opening the seat upper lever the one that controls the back-rest of the seat. anyway hope this helps. if it doesn't and you get it dealer sorted please share with us what was wrong.

Last edited:
Thanks very much GDRIVER, just been out and did as you said, it now works perfect, thanks agian for your helpful reply:slayer:
owe you one Chris

Back