Styling Front Neons on my bumber

Currently reading:
Styling Front Neons on my bumber

Spiderman Cinq

hey, i was just wondering if it was possible to use those 12 inch neons on the inside of the bumber using two instead of one big one, and plus how would i attach them?:confused:

PLZ HELP ME!!!!

i know that, what i ment was how would i atach them to the bumber without drilling any holes in the bumber??
ANY SUGGESTIONS?:confused:

glue, or just use a couple of small self tappers and screw them into the bumper.

wouldn't work too well on my car though, they'd get smashed off quite quickly!

Glue? :confused: Tape :confused:

I thought i sounded silly suggesting glue at least i am not the only one :D

do you think if i placed them in the bumber using very strong double sided tape, do you think that would work or not cos they tap may get hot and fall off from thee engine heat??

where would i cable tie them two apart from the bumper, any ways it hink it might looka bit takcy tie wrapping them to the bumber??:bang:

Just make sure that you can't see the actual tubes when you look at the car... I was given a pair for the Punto but there was nowhere to mount the back one without the tube being visible, and it looked naff :rolleyes:

I obtained and sealed up (using mastic) some 12v PC case neons and had them on my front bumper for a while. They were only stuck on...as a result they rattled loose and broke off...

Id ideally recommend bending a mounting plate out of some thin steel (0.85-1.1mm), and then screwing that into place using some self-tappers.

Oh...a bit of ingenuity never goes amiss...I cant tell you what the neons you buy would be like, unless you buy the exact same product, even then, design revisions may affect what I can tell you.

You need to get the things then solve the problem. Dont try solving a problem if you dont know what the problem is!!

Last edited:
Slippy said:
Strong and flexible. Just like alainax. :p

oi!! behave!!! id cable tie them on !! can imagine things gettin messy with sealant! juat throught the spaces in the bumper, make sure there the same colour tho n the zip to the inside,

depends how much money and time ya wanna spend! cable ties quick n easy will stay on but not exactly concours! or seal n cut metal for the pro look xxx

Back