Technical front hub

Currently reading:
Technical front hub

nikkiy9

Rallying Crazy guy
Does anyone know if the ABS ring on the front hut is fitted to the bearing or the hub face? My hub face has become badle cross threaded and needs replaced and all my local scrap yard had was a non Abs hub

Does anyone know if the ABS ring on the front hut is fitted to the bearing or the hub face? My hub face has become badle cross threaded and needs replaced and all my local scrap yard had was a non Abs hub

What is cross threaded the threads for the brake pad housing? You might be able to helicoil it rather than replace it

Sent from my iPad using FIAT Forum

Nah, its the actual flange on the hub, my local scrappies obly had a non-abs hub, gonna fit that as a stop gap until I go on holiday then going to get it all sorted properly (new breaing in old hub with replacement flange etc

Theres quite a few on ebay for sensible money delivered.
What you going to do about having no speedo and no power steering possibly if you fit a non abs hub and of course if you have an accident and the police investigations van does an inspection of your crumpled wreckage looking for reasons for a fatality?

As for helicoiling the brakecaliper bracket then once again i have to say this is not a good recommendation and in my opinion should be made illegal as its too dependant on the operater rather than a set up machine,i certainly as an mot tester would be advising against this practise on such a life dependant component

As for helicoiling the brakecaliper bracket then once again i have to say this is not a good recommendation and in my opinion should be made illegal as its too dependant on the operater rather than a set up machine,i certainly as an mot tester would be advising against this practise on such a life dependant component

The test is straightforward. If the bolt takes the stipulated torque, it's a good repair. If not, it's flooked.

It really is that simple.

Nowhere did I say it was brake side that was damaged, its the flange threads that hold the wheel nuts, but change of plan, stud conversion kit is on order and i will be able to get back on the road mid-week

Back