Technical Front headlight indicator not working !

Currently reading:
Technical Front headlight indicator not working !

JohnnyMac999

Front headlight indicator not working !

Having a problem diagnosing a problem with the N/S front headlight indicator. Recently got an bulb indicator on the dash when using the left (O/S) indicator and get an rapid indicator sound. Checked round the car and found the front headlight indicator wasn't working. Assumed it would just be a bulb and bought new ones. Nope.
  • All other indicators (rear and side) are working on the N/S
  • I've replaced the bulb and tried switching the bulbs and bulb holder over with the O/S - bulbs and holder all ok.
  • The headlight needs replacing (plastic lens not clear) so bought a replacement headlight. Have tested the headlight (plugged it into the O/S headlight) and its all working (including the indicator) but when fitted to the N/S headlight connector I still get the same problem.
As all the bulbs and headlight units are working I can assume there is no power on the wire to the indicator, and I'm thinking it could be a broken wire in the loom (or bad connector). Before I go pulling the loom out does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance
J

Being a headlight, corrosion or a bad ground is the likely cause of your issue. Try cleaning the connectors by lightly sanding them and check with a multimeter for voltage. Also worth checking the bulb is properly seated in the socket

This thread nicely explains this,

Back