Technical front end suspension knock

Currently reading:
Technical front end suspension knock

paulg

Hi.Another small problem I have with my 'b' is a small knock,or rattle which sounds like it is coming from the front right hand wheel region.It is more noticable on slow bumpy roads,but doesn't seem to affect the performance of the cars handling ,steering of general geometry.It has done 40k miles with service history,and seems to have got worse quite quickly,but no obvious loose bits can be found.I know the Mareas have weak wishbone bushes.Is there any similar weak point on Barchettas.Thanks all for your advice.Paul

Hi.Another small problem I have with my 'b' is a small knock,or rattle which sounds like it is coming from the front right hand wheel region.It is more noticable on slow bumpy roads,but doesn't seem to affect the performance of the cars handling ,steering of general geometry.It has done 40k miles with service history,and seems to have got worse quite quickly,but no obvious loose bits can be found.I know the Mareas have weak wishbone bushes.Is there any similar weak point on Barchettas.Thanks all for your advice.Paul

Check the Anti-roll bar bushes, I believe they have been known to perish on the odd occasion! As with the mis-fire it could be a number of things, ARB's would be the most likely cause............

It could be any part of the suspension set-up!!
Anti-roll bar bushes,wishbone bushes,track rod end,weak shocker etc etc. Needs a good dose of checking over:)

I suspect an anti roll bar bush.Does anyone know of a good supplier who may post to France? Thanks.Paul

I have had a quick surf and can only find FIAT! If you do find someone in the UK who will not send to France drop me a PM, get them to ship them to me and I will forward them on to France for you (y)

The Doc may know where you could get some, he was looking at getting some poly ones made for his new ARB kit..........-Doc?

Hi Doc,any idea when you posted it,and under what title,and I will have a look myself.In France,I can only get a new bar for about £100 from Fiat.
Robot.What is anti roll bar bush in german? I only know how to say "excuse me sir,there are no architects on this building site" in German.VERY useful;) I will have a look on that site too.Thanks all.Paul

Had a few things on my mind lately...........driving licence issues:eek:
All fine now:)

Phew - 72mph on a speed camera ;) - only need a couple of snaps on a long haul trip to loose them eh???? :rolleyes:

I know the 'things on my mind' feeling..........just discovered that being made redundant just before Christmas is not as much of an opportunity as I had originally thought!

Back