Technical Front Electric Window Not Working

Currently reading:
Technical Front Electric Window Not Working

logit

I have a 2000 Punto with a front driver's side electric window that won't open. When you use the window switch you can hear a clicking sound in the driver's door (a relay?).
I have done the following so far:

• I have checked the fuses are OK.
  • I have removed the door panelling and tested the plug that goes into the window motor assembly. When the window switch is pressed, 12 volts appear on the plug - both the up and down voltages appear to be OK.
So my next step is to take out and inspect the window motor / regulator. This is where I am in a catch-22 situation. Using the Haynes manual it says to to remove the regulator you have to separate the window glass from the regulator. To do this you have to operate the window regulator mechanism (which isn't working :confused:) so that the glass-to-regulator retaining clip is visible through the door aperture.

I can't believe that this is a unique problem and am hoping someone can offer me some guidance on how to remove the regulator (y)

if you unbolt it it will drop low enough to get the clip off the middle of bottom of window, careful as the clip is plastic and break easy.
you could just put power to motor first to see if it works

Thanks for the tip. I applied power to the motor and nothing happened. I assume from this that the regulator needs replacing. So I will obtain a new one before taking the old one out. Thanks again for your help :)

Back