This is intended as a guide only if your in any doubt over you ability to do this consult a qualified mechanic as your brakes are rather important

bit of an add on to this guide as im not going over the intimate details of pad removal again for the sake of it

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/210073-front-caliper-strip-clean.html

So car parked safely wheels chocked hand brake applied

car jacked and axle standed and front wheel off

remove the caliper piston body using a 13mm spanner as in the above guide and the pads (if your new pads come with clips look how the old pad spring clips fit as they only fit on one way)
Photo-0371.jpg
Photo-0372.jpg
Photo-0373.jpg

clean the piston

clean then remove the brake fluid cap off the header tank

Photo-0374.jpg

((DO NOT SPILL ANY FLUID ON YOUR PAINTWORK OR IT WILL REMOVE IT))

next reset the piston ensuring you do not damage the rubber piston seal boot
Photo-0375.jpg

i used a g clamp but you can get a special tool to do this from most motor factors
lis-24400.gif

do this slowly to give the fluid chance to move back without putting any undue pressure on the seals

now i have dropped a bo bo here and not got a photo of this step but i will try and get one when i get chance

you need to undo the caliper carrier using a 19mm socket and remove the 2x bolts

so this bit comes off
Photo-0376.jpg

now you can get the disc off

using a T30 Torx bit undo the 2 torx aligning bolts these are commonly seized in so a bit of release oil might help and in my case a hammer and impact driver

Photo-0377.jpg

once both are removed either the disc will drop off with a slight pull or need braying round the edge with a hammer to crack any corrosion

clean the stub axle up and coat with copper grease (makes changing them next time easier)
Photo-0379.jpg

now get your new disc and clean it well with brake cleaner (they come coated in light oil to prevent rusting in storage)

and refit

apply copper grease to the threads of the torx bolts to make removal easier next time

refit the caliper carrier putting a drop of threadlock on the bolt threads for added security

then fit the new sping retainer clips and new pads greasing the back of them lightly (on the piston side the other side bonds in place with a sticky pad so degrease the caliper where the pad will stick

Photo-0380.jpg

ultimately you will be left with this

Photo-0381.jpg

19mm caliper across flat carrier bolts Torque 9.9 ÷ 11.0 (daNm)
13mm across flats caliper bolts torque to 2.7 ÷ 3.3 (daNm)
T30 torx bolts torque 0.9 ÷ 1.4 (daNm)

now refit the wheel and do the other side

check fluid doesnt over flow as you reset the piston

once the other side is done pump the brake pedal slowly with the cap off to reset the pistons then refit the cap

now start the car and pump the brakes and check they feel ok

now do several low speed stops in a quiet area to check all is working as it should
AND IMPORTANTLY DRIVE WITH GREAT CARE FOR THE FIRST HUNDRED OR SO MILES OR SO TO GIVE THE NEW PADS AND DISCS TIME TO BED IN AND GET TO FULL POWER AS YOU MIGHT FIND THEM LACKING IN BITE FOR A WHILE i know of a chap who stuffed his car into the back of another having just had his brakes done so it can happen