Styling Front Bumper

Currently reading:
Styling Front Bumper

anthony27

Hi, I found this forum last month, and have been hooked ever since :)

I have a '97 Marea 2.0 20V HLX, and some git has reversed into me in a car park [:(!] The front bumper is in a bit of a state and i'm going to have to get a new one. Anyone recommend any good places to get one from? I'm planning to have a go at fitting it myself (Can't be that hard) after getting it coloured. Anyone have any experience in fitting a front bumper to a Marea?

Needs to be cheap, as I've just had the cam belt service (£££), AND needed discs and pads all round. Add to that the 3 new tyres I just bought, and i'm £1600 down in two weeks[V]

Ant

Hi there,

http://www.bodyshopwarehouse.co.uk/ do cheap new body panels. You could always look for one from a scrapyard.

Don't worry about "all" the costs. The total cost of ownership (and preformance!) is what you need to consider :)

<font face="Verdana">-- T.
<font color="maroon">'98 Marea Weekend ELX (1.8 16v).</font id="maroon"></font id="Verdana">

Hi Ant and welcome to the forum:D

T has come up with about the best online bodyshop.

I would seriously look at fitting an Abarth bumper though if you can afford the extra. Only prob with the bumper will be that all the fixing screws tend to get rusted up. Fog screws need a good shot of WD40 otherwise you will snap the plastic mounts.

If you get a standard bumper consider mesh and/or light kits before you fit it.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. :D Don't forget to post some pics.

banner3.jpg

completely unrelated story, but i saw a 99 diesel focus today, was behind it for a while then overtook it, something was wrong, turns out the front end is the facelift model and the back end is the old type, dunno how i noticed it, obviously was in a smash and bodyshoop fitted wrong headlights and bumper, driver prob chuffed as he has "new" car. wait till he tries to sell it!

Met Cognac 99 Brava 100 HSX,

Thanks for the responses. Good price for the bumper - beats my local fiat dealer by almost 80 quid :)

Looking at the pics of some Bravos the Abarth bumper sounds tempting - anyone recommmend a good place to get one from? I take it the Bravo Abarth will fit on the Marea then?

Had a look at your pictures polecat - looks good. Maybe i'll spend the weekend fitting new gear knob, pedals etc :) (The bumper will have to wait until I have more spare cash)

Ant

Back