General front brakes squeeling

Currently reading:
General front brakes squeeling

jozer

Hi all :)

I Changed my front and rear brake discs and pads about 500 miles ago for mintex discs and pads using plenty of copper slip behind the pads.
The old discs were worn thin and the rear pads must have been original factory ones `well down`.
The problem i`m having is when they get hot the front brakes are squealing intermitantly and the noise is very annoying to say the least.
Has anyone on this forum come accross this problem before and if so how do i get rid of the noise.

Many thanks

Jon

53 plate "Yellow peril" 1.6 dynamic

And yet another poster complaining about brake squeal and mintex products ..and that's where it all stems from mintex brake pads are a hard compound so just shot them out and use a pad with a softer compound and one that uses an anti squeal backing shim ..as Argo has said there are plenty of threads on this the info is there for the reading :)

As I have posted before, my mintex brakes squeal like a stuck pig. But I get a sick sastisfaction out of watching people grit their teeth and cover their ears. Stop me much better than my old OEM ones.

Had the same prob. Fiat Cleaned all the Discs and replaced front pads with OEM now everything works like a dream :)

Back