Technical Front Brake Pads

Currently reading:
Technical Front Brake Pads

chrisalberino

Have just purchased bosch front brake pads and was looking to fit these over the weekend. Had looked online and thought I would be able to do it easily enough but after opening the box I have two queries:-

1. On the back of two of the pads there is a white strip that says "remove to expose adhesive" What is this for?? I note that there are two copper-like circular clips in the box which I was not expecting - I am wondering if these are for another vehicle(s) and a meant to stick to the back of the two brake pads. If so, I am wondering what to do with the adhesive strips if I am not using the circular clips??
2. On the other two pads they both have wires for wear indicators but I understand that the 2006 1.4 GP only has one clip for a wear indicator (not two) i.e on one wheel only. What should I do with the wire/clip that is not being used??

All advice welcome. Many thanks.

Last edited:
Sounds like the wrong pads. Just done my daughters 1.2 and there is only one pad with the cable connection....the passenger side and no sticky pads.

The sticky pads are to help with brake squeal. Just peel the backing paper off and fit as normal. I have no idea what the copper things are for though! The pads ought to come with fitting instructions in the box though. Am I right in thinking that all 4 pads have a wear indicator wire? That would be unusual. ASSUMING they are correct for the car, then I'd just snip the wire off ONE pad on each side and fit the one with the wire against the calliper piston.

Back