Front anti-roll bar won't budge

Currently reading:
Front anti-roll bar won't budge

A

Andy

Hi,
I have been trying to replace my anti-roll drop links and my offside suspension arm. I heard the job is easier if you loosen the ARB from the sub frame but unfortunately I sheared two bolts for the clamp that holds the ARB becasue they were rusty.
Basically I need to take out the ARB to drill the bolts out but it won't bloody move. Has anyone removed one from their car before ? By the way Haynes once again failed to help.

Cheers
Andy

97 Bravo HGT (current), 97 Bravo 1.4 SX, 99, Bravo 1.6 HLX, 96 Punto 75SX

bit of a daft question but is the car jacked up on both sides? the job is a million times easyer when is i changed both wishbones and front arms and was strugling like mad untill a got my self another jack.

Yeah both wheels off and its on axle stands. I've got the drop links out, its just the bloomin ARB now

I've removed the arm and associated bolts. Unless you mean another bolt ? Is there any bolts holding the ARB in the centre of the car?

dont know mate sos, when i took the wishbones off there were 3 holding that on the car, 2 on that and the ball joint that needed cracking too which was the hardest part if im honest lol

calvert.jpg

LIVE FAST DIE YOUNG

No worries mate. Gonna hit it with a fresh head tomorrow. And yes the ball joint on the arm is definitely a bit of a bugger ! Cheers

no worries mate i remember how stupid the whole system of taking them things off is lol i ts a right ball ache lol

calvert.jpg

LIVE FAST DIE YOUNG