From Punto to Grande Punto ?

Currently reading:
From Punto to Grande Punto ?

Cheers man. Its not a 100% that im going to get rid of the mk2. I do have smaller plans for it..well kinda smaller. Alfa Romeo 147 Interior. But again this is extra money. I have the money but do i want to start putting it into the mk2 when im considering the t-jet. I fancy somthing with a turbo. So is either T-Jet or GT engine or what be really cool a 500 Abarth Engine in my Mk2 later on. Get a engien stand and learn how to build a engine in my spare time. So continue as a hobbie car.
There the same engine lol

I think a few of you should give the guy a break. If insurance companies didn't take the pi*s with prices for young drivers then everyone would have their own policy. At least he's insured the car and isn't one of these true criminals that have no insurance at all.

but he don't have no insurance and has also committed fraud or his dad has by giving false information to obtain goods or services. fraud carries a heavier sentence than no insurance. police might not had said nothing but if he claims the insurance will be looking at any way they can to get out of paying, including looking on forums

but he don't have no insurance and has also committed fraud or his dad has by giving false information to obtain goods or services. fraud carries a heavier sentence than no insurance. police might not had said nothing but if he claims the insurance will be looking at any way they can to get out of paying, including looking on forums

Are we going to actully talk about what i asked or you gonna keep going on and on about my insurance which i phoned up yesterday about as i was reading these comments. The only thing they said was that if ive added modified parts that have not been declared they might not pay out. Other than that my insurance is valid with me as named driver. Everything ive done has been declared so there is no threat and you can finish of at that.

Are we going to actully talk about what i asked or you gonna keep going on and on about my insurance which i phoned up yesterday about as i was reading these comments. The only thing they said was that if ive added modified parts that have not been declared they might not pay out. Other than that my insurance is valid with me as named driver. Everything ive done has been declared so there is no threat and you can finish of at that.

well technically, without meaning to annoy u further or sound like an old fart... if u drive the car more than ur dad, it IS fronting and therefore the insurance company will refuse to pay out anything if they have reason to think this is the case. dont wanna bust yer balls over it... its your life, ur dads insurance, but as long as ur aware of this fact. just remember insurance companys look at any way to avoid paying out.

as for changing ur car.... do u really want to sell it? if u want more power, then save up and buy a decent fast car... just dont rush in an get whatever u see first. ur 1st car is always special... especially considering the work u have put into it. think long and hard about changing...

well technically, without meaning to annoy u further or sound like an old fart... if u drive the car more than ur dad, it IS fronting and therefore the insurance company will refuse to pay out anything if they have reason to think this is the case. dont wanna bust yer balls over it... its your life, ur dads insurance, but as long as ur aware of this fact. just remember insurance companys look at any way to avoid paying out.

as for changing ur car.... do u really want to sell it? if u want more power, then save up and buy a decent fast car... just dont rush in an get whatever u see first. ur 1st car is always special... especially considering the work u have put into it. think long and hard about changing...

Yeh you have a point.. Dont know the more i think about it the more i may regret it just because the work ive done to it. Dnt know the little car has never let me down. Even in the snow went to college. Getting up teh bypass slip road wheels spinning but still managed to get up. Im proberly gonna just start saving my money. Atleast then i can decide later on. Either keep the Mk2 Change further few things or sell it buy somthing else.m Ahhh its difficult

what company is that then?

I know if that was me, if I had a modified car like that, all work did by myself, maintained to the last, I'd rather destroy the car myself than sell it and let someone else drive it, which is what I've done with my old car. Its a matter of male pride, my creation, only I enjoy it :D

I've seen your thread, you've put a lot of work into that car, particularly the bodywork I realy like it, it wouldn't be nice to see it years later in a scrappy in bits, plastered with chav stickers and huge dents. Keep the car, buy it off your dad and do it up to the last engine wise is my advice. That way you'll learn more about your car and it will be that bit more special to you. You could be unlucky and buy a shagged gp (theyre out there just look in the auctions)

As for insurance, I started myself on my mums policy. That was only for a month, I wrote off the car after an unfortunate incident with a combine... A month after that happened, I insured myself on my own car, aged 18. €2300 for a car worth a packet of crisps :cry: however now I have 2 years ncb going for 3 and the insurance is getting cheaper as the years go on :)

Keep it simple, keep the car as theres plenty of years left in it yet (y)

I know if that was me, if I had a modified car like that, all work did by myself, maintained to the last, I'd rather destroy the car myself than sell it and let someone else drive it, which is what I've done with my old car. Its a matter of male pride, my creation, only I enjoy it :D

I've seen your thread, you've put a lot of work into that car, particularly the bodywork I realy like it, it wouldn't be nice to see it years later in a scrappy in bits, plastered with chav stickers and huge dents. Keep the car, buy it off your dad and do it up to the last engine wise is my advice. That way you'll learn more about your car and it will be that bit more special to you. You could be unlucky and buy a shagged gp (theyre out there just look in the auctions)

As for insurance, I started myself on my mums policy. That was only for a month, I wrote off the car after an unfortunate incident with a combine... A month after that happened, I insured myself on my own car, aged 18. €2300 for a car worth a packet of crisps :cry: however now I have 2 years ncb going for 3 and the insurance is getting cheaper as the years go on :)

Keep it simple, keep the car as theres plenty of years left in it yet (y)

Yeh.... guess you are right. The car only has 76k on the clock. Starts first time every time never lets me down. Its kinda weird every guy has a connection to their car. Even after its washed and looks as i say "SPARKLY! SHINY!" puts a smile on my face. I suppose ok its a 1.2. But do i really need a fast car where there is speed limits, where speeding gets you into trouble. The more i kinda think about it the more i want to keep the car. But at the same time it would be nice to have a newer ish car. To be fair the only reason im wanting the t-jet is for the turbo, Which to be fair is smaller than a Tesco Chocolate cookie. I think ive got the whole turbo thing in my head and that's probably a really stupid reason to sell it. Maybe im better waiting. Few years under my belt let the mk2 Run with my for a few more years. Pass it down to my younger brother which im sure he would take it.

LOL this feels like one of these intense moments in a film. But i dont know i dont really like the idea of handing over the keys to some random now to drive about with all the bodywork ive done myself. Sanded,Painted Polished. Audio,Suspension. Buying new bits just for the sake of making the engine have new bits so run better,cleaner, and be more healthy for the car.

Back