Freeview

Currently reading:
Freeview

Emm

Fiat Addict
Me again!!:p another question for you:confused:

....Im fairly new to freeview..and a real girl when it comes to stuff like this

OK, used to be able to watch all the channels, but last month, ITV, ITV2, ITV3, C4, E4, E4+1 and Hits channels all dissapeared:( keeps saying "no signal"
Wot do i have to do to get them back?:confused:
Is it an aireal job?:confused:
:eek:

try re-tuning the box. (config > installation).

if that doesn't find them, then yeah, it sounds like the aerial or the connectors / cabling needs attention.

• Thanks
Reactions: Emm
Me again!!:p another question for you:confused:

....Im fairly new to freeview..and a real girl when it comes to stuff like this

OK, used to be able to watch all the channels, but last month, ITV, ITV2, ITV3, C4, E4, E4+1 and Hits channels all dissapeared:( keeps saying "no signal"
Wot do i have to do to get them back?:confused:
Is it an aireal job?:confused:
:eek:

In a word.... yes...

Possibly a crap signal. Try to retune or adjust aerial. Make sure its a digitial aerial otherwise you will get a crap signal

no it isnt

I bet, big bird has moved the aerial, seen it mega loads of times, if the box is losing its settings its faulty. Its a signal problem assuming the OP knows they havent damaged the cabling or connectors... Noob...

Possibly a crap signal. Try to retune or adjust aerial. Make sure its a digitial aerial otherwise you will get a crap signal

It worked fine before, somethin has changed.

It worked fine before, somethin has changed.

humm we had to get a new television recently, could it be that?

edit* it wasnt the television i watch freeview on that we replaced, but i think we use the aireal through the new tele :confused:

Last edited:
humm we had to get a new television recently, could it be that?

yes i would try the above and report back(y)

I bet, big bird has moved the aerial, seen it mega loads of times, if the box is losing its settings its faulty. Its a signal problem assuming the OP knows they havent damaged the cabling or connectors... Noob...

yes but freeview boxes do randomelly loose their settings/channels (quite often)

Some areas get a poor signal
ITV and C4 are intermittent in our area we asked lots of neighbours some tried new arials but everyone has the same problem.

Also if there is heavy cloud or rain those channels never work for us

I would ask neighbours whats theres is like before paying out.

.wheres your aerial??

Need to be outside except VERY exceptional circumstances, reflections and standing waves from the roof cause havoc with the digital signals if they are loft mounted.

Back