General Freemont - good idea or not?

Currently reading:
General Freemont - good idea or not?

Catmail

I am considering buying a Freemont but wanted to know about experiences others have had with them or know of.
I have the new Pop 500 and love it but the Freemont is totally different and is new to Australia. It also needs to be able to do a lot of k's, so if any of you know of anything about them it'd be great if you could pass that info on.

Thanks in advance! :)

We do not get this vehicle in the UK, however we did get the Dodge version which seems to be largely OK. What engine choice is there in Australia ?

We do not get this vehicle in the UK, however we did get the Dodge version which seems to be largely OK. What engine choice is there in Australia ?
Thanks so much for your reply - the engine size is 2.4 petrol but because the car is so big and quite heavy, it seems it strains and has trouble really picking up speed, so you'd think that overtaking may be a problem. I think for a car similar to this size I need to probably go for a Ford.
I think you are right, these cars are based on the Dodge.
Thanks,
Catherine

If I remember rightly, UK versions of the Dodge Journey aka Freemont were optionally available with a petrol V6 or a VM diesel as well as the 2.4.

Thanks so much for your reply - the engine size is 2.4 petrol but because the car is so big and quite heavy, it seems it strains and has trouble really picking up speed, so you'd think that overtaking may be a problem. I think for a car similar to this size I need to probably go for a Ford.
I think you are right, these cars are based on the Dodge.
Thanks,
Catherine

My son used one from the airport in Germany this January,
3.0 Diesel - Auto box = gutless ! struggled to do freeway type speeds, :(

Charlie

My son used one from the airport in Germany this January,
3.0 Diesel - Auto box = gutless ! struggled to do freeway type speeds, :(

Charlie

Yeah, absolutely right. That was my concern, but of course the salespeople try and tell you anything. Forget it, I will stick to the Pop 500 for advertising the company and I will get a Ford Territory for myself!
Your help has been great thanks guys!:)

It's only available in the 2.4 here and they won't let you drive it far, so you can't get a feel for it really and how it will go on a highway which is what I want a larger car for. It's insane really that you are meant to go around a couple of blocks and buy the car. What a load of crap actually.

If I remember rightly, UK versions of the Dodge Journey aka Freemont were optionally available with a petrol V6 or a VM diesel as well as the 2.4.
It's only available in the 2.4 here and they won't let you drive it far, so you can't get a feel for it really and how it will go on a highway which is what I want a larger car for. It's insane really that you are meant to go around a couple of blocks and buy the car. What a load of crap actually. :cool:

It's only available in the 2.4 here and they won't let you drive it far, so you can't get a feel for it really and how it will go on a highway which is what I want a larger car for. It's insane really that you are meant to go around a couple of blocks and buy the car. What a load of crap actually. :cool:

YES - I think that's a world-wide test-drive policy..??,
personally - If It was something quite new that you couldn't find a few to drive at different vendors,
I would actually pay to hire one for a weekend,
then you'll know EXACTLY what you are getting.:idea:

I can't get in my head why they are selling such a mis-matched combo of power units here,
I assume it was actually designed with a BiG V8 = but local market ECO taxes have meant it needs muting to get it affordable to the buyers..,

stupid thing is you'll be working the puny engine so hard it will probably do worse MPG / gas mileage than the V8:rolleyes:,

any way keep loving your "proper" FIAT + good luck with your Ford..!!,
Charlie

My wife just got one. The "urban". Lots of space and a very comfortable ride. It's supposed to be a dodge journey with a fiat badge on it

I have a FF diesel AWD Lounge. Milage is around 100 000 km driven in around 13 months. The car is resonably OK. The children loves the "Video Screen" and HiFi system. Good Sound I must Say. Issues so far have been the CD (replaced on warranty) and recently a Fly Wheel breakage/Failure (Warranty). Previous the FF I have had nine VW's with a Quality Record not better then the FF. A nice car and probably I will by the "Black code" to replace the one I have today. Cheers from. PeZe -

Back