Free to a good home

Currently reading:
Free to a good home

Nyx

Established member
I’ve been abandoned, left to fend for myself!

My folks have gone on a cruise for their 25th wedding anniversary, great I thought, well earned rest for them, kick back and relax (and I hate to think what else!!!!)

But that leaves me at home, at first it didn’t bother me, but today I have realised just how much my mum works her ass off for us!

Normally my clothes get taken away by fairies, washed, ironed and put away by magic. It seems those fairies went away with my mum. I have come to learn today I hate ironing!!!!!

We’re having building work done as well, so all day I’ve been in and out making drinks and things, the washing up seems to be endless.

I’ve cleaned the bathroom, kitchen and lounge (my mum does this in the week, then again on the weekend) so I thought I better as well.

It isn’t till now I realised how much I take her for granted! I come home from work and dinner is ready and she listens to me rant about my day and is always there when Im tired and fed up. She goes out to work comes home and does everything yet never complains or moans about it.

So as my eyes have been opened today…. I bow down to all mothers/fathers/live in girlfriends and anyone who I have forgotten!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

How on earth do you do it all?

Oh and would anyone like to come take care of me??

On a plus note I do have Mintys Sei for the week… and loving

wow...
my mum got miffed doing half that stuff for us men ages ago.
for the past 10yrs or so, i've been doing my own ironing and cleaning, and cooking my own food.

It's prolly for the best, i'll be moving into my new house soon, so I'll have to do all that for myself anyway.
What it must be like to be waited on hand and foot ;)

I'd love to be waited on hand and foot for a while ;)

You don't realise how easy you have it until you leave home! That's when the bills kick in as well as the hard work and you're tired and broke all the time. I hope your appreciation will extend as far as helping your mom with the housework when she comes back :)

ah but im a girl.. i have lots of washing to do as we get changed 2 or 3 times a day..... i would leave it all. but i dont really think its fair.

Its great being waited on hand on foot, having a drink waiting down stairs when you get up, your mail sat waiting on your bed, your dinner ready within 10 mins of getting in.....

* looks down*

i miss my mum :cry:

Helz said:
You don't realise how easy you have it until you leave home! That's when the bills kick in as well as the hard work and you're tired and broke all the time. I hope your appreciation will extend as far as helping your mom with the housework when she comes back :)
I like to think that because of my hard work, THIS house stays together... without it, nothing that requires "programming" would work, nad if i left anyone else to do the ironing, I'd have creases down the front of my jeans.

I'm happy to cook (when i can be bothered) I just hate doing the washing up, that's why dishwashers = win!

Helz said:

oh my god helz yes!

now i have learnt the new skill of using an iron and a hoover i might as well keep up with it :)

Derbychick said:
ah but im a girl.. i have lots of washing to do as we get changed 2 or 3 times a day..... i would leave it all. but i dont really think its fair.

Its great being waited on hand on foot, having a drink waiting down stairs when you get up, your mail sat waiting on your bed, your dinner ready within 10 mins of getting in.....

* looks down*

i miss my mum :cry:

i dont have a drink waiting :( or my mail on my bed :( i usually get fed up of waiting for dinner and go out...

bulldog5046 said:
i dont have a drink waiting :( or my mail on my bed :( i usually get fed up of waiting for dinner and go out...

awww sweety!!!!! come over and i`ll cook for ya lol

bulldog5046 said:
ah get in (y) dont have to cook my dinner tonight!

what we having?

what do ya fancy? i can pretty much turn my hand to anything

hmallett said:
A bloody long drive for a start! :D
H
:p

Derbychick said:
what do ya fancy? i can pretty much turn my hand to anything
:yum: :devil:

well, i stuck a pizza in the oven, and in 9 minutes its ocmming out either just right or a bit over done, our ovens a bit funny, i also learned i can eat this specific pizza in 24 normal sized bites, i need a bigger pizza....

hmmm i had pizza last night.. had the munchies :)

bulldog5046 said:
since my rents left i have been living in microwave curry and pizza.... i'm healthy :)

how can anything that comes out card and a microwave be healthy?

do i have to come and make u eat some proper food mr!!!

:)

lots of green stuff then... green is healthy

Back