Implemented Forum section for Fiat based Motorhomes

Currently reading:
Implemented Forum section for Fiat based Motorhomes

Woodbeck

I'm a reletive newcomer and own 2 Fiat's a Panda and a ducato based motorhome, I have noticed on browsing the various forums that there are quite a number of members with motorhomes and they generally ask technical questions regarding the problems they have encountered. Would this be an opportune moment to suggest an additional forum technical section for Fiat based motorhomes.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Thankyou for moving this post to a more suitable section of the forum.
The majority of motorhomes are ducato based and due to the low mileages they cover a large number of those are based on the older models. Whilst there are specific motorhome sites they tend to major on various pieces of equipment or where to visit/park up. Also a large number of self build motorhomes are ducato base so I think a technical forum for the mechanical aspects of these vehicles would be well subscribed.

Sorry for the tardy reply, I've been without internet for a while, I see your point. Most of the problems with motorhomes are similar to the normal Ducato problems but exacerbated by the components being stressed outside the original design parameters and the fact they get used intensivly for short periods and then stand idle for extended periods. Gearbox's are a prime example which seem to suffer to a much greater extent from problems often with very modest mileages. When searching for topics I often find myself scrolling through a list of things not aplicable to the complications found specifically on motorhomes. In addition the Ducato base is probably the most popular for motorhomes and most motorhome forums and websites cater for the leisure side of ownership. Probably a sub forum within the Ducato forum might be possible. Anyone searching for a Ducato problem would also turn up any topics in a sub forum.

I've just done a search for Ducato gearbox and the first page of results were all motorhomes.

Ok so let's give it a go - here is the forum:

Any posts made in there will also appear in the Ducato main forum, so people should still see them :)

Oh and if you want to give me a list of current Ducato threads that would be better off in the Motorhome section, post them here - it will help fill the forum up a bit for starters :)

Ok so let's give it a go - here is the forum:

Any posts made in there will also appear in the Ducato main forum, so people should still see them :)

Oh and if you want to give me a list of current Ducato threads that would be better off in the Motorhome section, post them here - it will help fill the forum up a bit for starters :)
Thank you for creating this new sub forum, I will have a look to see what Ducato threads might be better in this section.

• Thanks
Reactions: ben
Back