forum help

Currently reading:
forum help

Does anyone know where to purchase a second 20v ferrex battery for aldis cordless grinder. The batteries in their store & on line do not fit. I've been on line & similar but no cigar. Phoned aldi & trying to get through to the right place is impossible..:bang: Thanks for any help....(y)

Can't do pics?! Even Jock's figured out how to add picturesSOL :(

Well yes, but. I don't have a "smart" phone so I take pictures with my camera, upload them to my laptop and then flounder around in the files the computer decides to store them in until I find the ones I want. I'm then sometimes able to incorporate them in a post! I am getting better at it though!

Actually it's been really quite helpful as previously where a pic went after uploading was all a bit of a mystery to me! fiddling around with pictures in this way has taught me quite a bit about how the computer files things. In fact I've now bought a WD My World NAS so I can use it to store/backup "stuff" and network it into my AV system to display images on the TV - I hope? Like a bit of a challenge I do! Of course it means there's a lot more places for things to "hide" now.

PS. just googled SOL. I'm all for a bit of good old school profanity but, for some reason, I find I don't like that one very much?

Last edited:
Does anyone know where to purchase a second 20v ferrex battery for aldis cordless grinder. The batteries in their store & on line do not fit. I've been on line & similar but no cigar. Phoned aldi & trying to get through to the right place is impossible..:bang: Thanks for any help....(y)
Hey Jim, This place just opened a branch not all that far from me. https://batteryworldshop.com/?gclid...6f2fc--XA1VX7xvLyWIF6ycGKsx4CwvRoCaJcQAvD_BwE
So I popped in for a look on one of my long walk/bus pass adventures. A very helpfull and knowledgeable chap behind the desk. They seem to do just about anything battery related from new car batteries to power packs for tools. They will even rebuild your existing drill/whatever battery using the old casing.

Might be worth dropping them an email?

PS. just googled SOL. I'm all for a bit of good old school profanity but, for some reason, I find I don't like that one very much?

Aye Jock, tends to be a sign of immaturity, I'm old enough to ignore things like that. You & I Jock come from a different time. We had a computer in our house in the late 90's for my wifes work, I used to fiddle around & self taught things on the 'puter. No big deal for the young team on here, but I managed to set up various accounts & was able to purchase things I needed along with other bits & bobs. Obviously I have a way to go to catch up with the likes of some computer experts on here such as eklipze3k, but I get by for an oldy;) I do what I have to do on the 'puter.:)

PS Jock, we may be not up to speed on the 'puter, but we do know a thing or two about the internal combustion engine & the likes, we do have tricks & tips on how to remedy problems & probably the best of all........life skills....:)

we do have tricks & tips on how to remedy problems & probably the best of all........life skills....:)

The brain - memory in particular - really is very strange how it all works isn't it? That bit about life skills, (and I agree strongly that there is no substitute for that) for some reason completely beyond my comprehension, brought up a memory I don't remember having had before, of sitting on the ground at the side of our drive being comforted by my father - who was not a very "warm" person emotionally - hands and knees streaming blood having just fallen off my bike (I was probably around 8, maybe 9 years old?) and I can see him shaking his head and commenting that it's such a pity we all have to go through the process of gaining experience and how much more satisfactory it would be if he could in some way have automatically transferred all his learned experiences to me at birth! I suspect however that it would have resulted in my immediate demise from shock! (given that he spent the war, at the "sharp end", in Burma and had some other hair raising experiences I later heard of through his old friends!)
Stay safe all
Jock

I have not tested them but the Aldi and Lidl 20V (actually 18V) power tools look pretty much identical. Both come with a three year warranty, so give them a call.

Failing that, take them apart and get some replacement cells or maybe just the one that's failed.

The grinder is brand new, I just wanted a spare battery. I've manged to locate one for the Wolf grinder, identical.

I've got the Lidl battery angle grinder. It's pretty capable with the 4AH battery. The 2AH is a nicer weight, but trips too easily on overload. Even a the thinnest slitting disc will upset it. You soon get fed up with switching it off & on again.

Back