Formula 1 and BBC.

Currently reading:
Formula 1 and BBC.

I love F1. Got myself a 50 inch plasma TV and Sky HD. Great for watching sports and movies.

BUT.

The BBC insist on leaving the race leader board on the screen during qualifying! Thats ok if your watching on the old 4:3 screens as the leader board runs down the left hand side of the screen.

Guess what happens when you spend your hard earned pennies on a good sized wide screen TV and Sky HD. The race leader board is a third of the way accross the screen covering most of the race. Come on BBC turn it off, scroll the info accross the bottom of the screen.

Attachments

• DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
well my tv cuts most of the sides of the picture off
so please bbc keep it the same

Most channels broadcast in wide screen so why don't you sell your preastoric "black and white" portable and drag yourself into the 20th century. Buy a Widescreen TV that will allow you to watch the extra 6 inches of picture that they've been broadcasting for the last 10 years. :p

If your in the UK, 2011 will see us all watching a digital picture, no more anolog so you'll need to change your arial too. (y)

Last edited:
Most channels broadcast in wide screen so why don't you sell your prehistoric "black and white" portable and drag yourself into the 20Th century. Buy a Wide-screen TV that will allow you to watch the extra 6 inches of picture that they've been broadcasting for the last 10 years. :p

If your in the UK, 2011 will see us all watching a digital picture, no more analog so you'll need to change your aerial too. (y)
never my 14" with on screen programming works fine for me im sure my set up will surpass 2011

Attachments

• Photo002.jpg
    Photo002.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
Isn't the BBC's television coverage from FOM's feed, therefore would have no control over it?

I love F1. Got myself a 50 inch plasma TV and Sky HD. Great for watching sports and movies.

BUT.

The BBC insist on leaving the race leader board on the screen during qualifying! Thats ok if your watching on the old 4:3 screens as the leader board runs down the left hand side of the screen.

Guess what happens when you spend your hard earned pennies on a good sized wide screen TV and Sky HD. The race leader board is a third of the way accross the screen covering most of the race. Come on BBC turn it off, scroll the info accross the bottom of the screen.
Our 26" Toshiba is widescreen, well 16:9 anyway. I don't think any LCD or Plasma set is 4:3. But then I think someone may have already said that.

Is that a Pioneer you've got there?

Back