Ford headlight glare

Currently reading:
Ford headlight glare

Not just Fords.. lots of people does it..

I just wind down the window, shake my fist and yell abuse as we go past each other :mad:

I noticed that last night when i was in the car with my husband, he drives a Mondeo and i would see car headlights coming towards us and he wouldn't switch his main beam off until the car was literally visable

Not just headlights, why do numpties drive with fog lights or driving lights on in decent weather through towns, does it make the car look 'sportier'?

Maybe I'm getting old but it's normally associated with a Burberry cap and really deafening music.

Some can be attributed to fully laden cars without headlight adjustment and just dodgy headlight alignment, annoying yeah but unlikely to change.

Liam

Some can be attributed to fully laden cars without headlight adjustment and just dodgy headlight alignment, annoying yeah but unlikely to change.

Liam

I have that problem in my panda, always feel guilty driving at night with people in the back! So much so that my drivers side beam is pointed down a bit at all times

Dunno, there could be something in the comment about Fords, if I have the lights in the Focus at their highest setting (which is supposed to be used when the car's unladen) I get the odd blast of full-beam. Turning the adjuster down a notch or 2 seems to eliminate it :)

Worst ones IMO are 4x4's with xenons, I've flashed at a few, convinced that they had full beam on, only to recieve an even brighter flash in return! :rolleyes:

Worst ones IMO are 4x4's with xenons, I've flashed at a few, convinced that they had full beam on, only to recieve an even brighter flash in return! :rolleyes:

:yeahthat: hate cars and vans with lights that are level with most cars driver height! there should be a maximum height for road lights and any ones above that must only come on, with full beam though i suppose this isn't practical

current Mercs all seem to do that, just looks odd IMHO, looks like there is 1 broken or something, plus they react realllllly slowly, it would just bug me completely, plus, whats the actual point?? Dedicated cornering lights, like on a Clio or something, fine, but fogs when indicating is silly.

Old PSA cars seem really bad for blinding lights, my mates 306 and ex's Saxo were bad and always getting flashed for it.

Back