ford fiesta key question sorry lol

Currently reading:
ford fiesta key question sorry lol

any one know about ford fiesta keys. its a 1996 n reg mum gettingit just been told that the keys a re a bit dodgy lol they are both worn and dont turn very well in ignition. the red key she has got works great but i assume like fiat you not supposed to use teh red? soo do you know if the other keys have an immobiliser in them or are they just plain keys on a fiesta ?? if it has an immobilisr thing in the key how much they cost to get cut do you know ?

fiesta keys are like round soo will i have to go go a proper ford place to get them ?

thefishdude said:
any one know about ford fiesta keys. its a 1996 n reg mum gettingit just been told that the keys a re a bit dodgy lol they are both worn and dont turn very well in ignition. the red key she has got works great but i assume like fiat you not supposed to use teh red? soo do you know if the other keys have an immobiliser in them or are they just plain keys on a fiesta ?? if it has an immobilisr thing in the key how much they cost to get cut do you know ?

fiesta keys are like round soo will i have to go go a proper ford place to get them ?

Fiestas are well known for having rubbish locks. The red key, I believe, is similar to the Fiat red key. I honestly can't remember if the ordinary keys are chipped or not, but you may be able to get replacement ordinary keys somewhere like Timpsons (y)

serin said:
do the black keys have a red bit on the top?

My old Festa did............I'd forgotten about that! :eek:

thefishdude said:
yeah the black keys have a red bit on on them, what does that mean ?

I believe that means they're chipped :)

I try to forget my Fiesta as much as possible - it was, quite frankly, crap :D

thefishdude said:
ok any idea of a price form timpsons for a cloned fiesta key. i asusme i take em the red one to clone ?

sorry for all questions last key i had cut was for a vauxhall viva lol for me dad

Dunno.......Tenner? Fifteen quid? Haven't a clue TBH.

id say take one of each, one black and one red

then they can take the code off the black one, but the shape off the red one (y)

as you dont want another red one :rolleyes:

easy answer. get yourself a new lock repair set from ford. whilst there, have a key cut. its rather cheap:) the lock repair is lots of tumblers which are numbered. you have to match the numbers in your lock for it to work. ive done plenty. very common problem on fords. if the lock is fine, just have the key done.

the red keys for fiestas are red all over (much like the fiat keys). I believe that you need 2 keys to "key in" a new one, or you could just get your new one cloned. Can get them done at Timpsons for around £7 i think. Also I think that the PATS is a bolt on module in the fiesta so you can swap it out for one you've got the red key for... now thats security!

fords are a pain in the arse. i have just fitted two locks to my sisters fiesta, and now one of the locks has popped a plastic peg, so i will have to fit it again :bang: :(

edit - hooray, i can say arse :D (i am very slowly turning into father Jack ;))

Last edited:
lol yeah this is our first venture in our family into ford ownership as my dads lil uno has just come to mot and it will fail badly never sen such a wreck that still moves lol. anyway yeah we got 1 red key for teh fiesta works fine also 2 black with a red patch. soo from what you gusy are saying i will take the red cause that one is not warn plus a warn black wich has teh info in it and hopefully get a new one quite cheap :D

sorry if this is a noob question but will teh new key i get from timspons be a chippped one

Last edited:
thefishdude said:
lol yeah this is our first venture in our family into ford ownership as my dads lil uno has just come to mot and it will fail badly never sen such a wreck that still moves lol. anyway yeah we got 1 red key for teh fiesta works fine also 2 black with a red patch. soo from what you gusy are saying i will take the red cause that one is not warn plus a warn black wich has teh info in it and hopefully get a new one quite cheap :D

sorry if this is a noob question but will teh new key i get from timspons be a chippped one
go to ford. they only charge a bit more and will code it in for you.

thefishdude said:

yes, but will have to program it in I think - best ask if they can clone one you already have.

god i hate these stupid key **** they have now. why cant the immobo be on something different so if key go you can get new one easy.

soooo timpsons cant supply with a new coded key to use to start car ???

what do you mean clone one ?? i have a fully working red key. i also have 2 blackones that the immobiliser part works fine but the metal keys are worn so have to wiggle em to get em to do car locks.

Back