Technical For those of you with Infinity Refernce 6010CS speakers...

Currently reading:
Technical For those of you with Infinity Refernce 6010CS speakers...

Where did you fit the crossover box? Where's the best, most convenient, most out of the way place?

I'm looking for a nice, not-too-fancy solution to the stock B speakers and having seen these recommended in a couple of threads, thought I might get some off eBay.

Here is the pic of my crossover fitment, behind the passenger seat next to the amp. The amp is upside down so I am able to see the lights working from my drivers seat:)

Attachments

• amp%20final.JPG
    amp%20final.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 243
Don't crossover units split up the signal frequencies and send the lower ones to the bigger speaker and the higher frequencies to the tweeter speakers?

Just wondering how does the factory-fitted speaker system work? Is there no crossover unit, so the same signal just gets sent to the tweeter and the bigger speaker?

Man I have so much to learn...:confused:

Correct.
The original fit system has four outputs to each of the four speakers, whether or not the Fiat radio splits the signals I do not know.
In my set-up I disconnected the fiat wiring and wired straight through to the amp then split the signals from there via the crossovers.
The subwoofer again, is wired straight from my head unit to the woofer with it's built in amp.

Correct.
The original fit system has four outputs to each of the four speakers, whether or not the Fiat radio splits the signals I do not know.
In my set-up I disconnected the fiat wiring and wired straight through to the amp then split the signals from there via the crossovers.
The subwoofer again, is wired straight from my head unit to the woofer with it's built in amp.

Cheers SS (y)

I think I'll leave fitting a separate amp and subwoofer for another day, kind of a walk-before-you-can-run kind of thing :D

Besides a lot of my music will be coming from the iPod via the aux input on my car stereo, and sometimes it doesn't matter what kind of speaker setup you've got, if your source is some tinny 128kb mp3 off the internet there's nowt much you can do to make it sound good!

Sorry to revive this old(ish) thread. I'm just planning on finally getting my stereo system sorted out tomorrow.

Does anyone know how to get the cover off the crossover units in order to mount it (on the panel behind the seats the way SS has done it)? On the back panel of the crossover unit, there is a hole on either side, about halfway up. I assume you somehow get the cover off and, from the inside, use screws to attach it to a surface, then put the cover back on. Does that sound about right, and if so, how does the cover come off??

Ta

Ah don't worry about, I got impatient and kind of forced the cover off, broke a clip but nothing a bit of glue won't fix :eek:

Where did you fit the crossover box? Where's the best, most convenient, most out of the way place?

I'm looking for a nice, not-too-fancy solution to the stock B speakers and having seen these recommended in a couple of threads, thought I might get some off eBay.

I realise that this is probably too late for you Jiggy but I have Infinity speakers with crossovers in my b. I didn't fit them myself but the shop put the crossover boxes behind the dashboard in the middle, on top of the transmission tunnel. It's worked really well and they're completely out of site.

Back