General For Sale-"Luigi", the best Fiat 500 you are likely to have the chance to buy

Currently reading:
General For Sale-"Luigi", the best Fiat 500 you are likely to have the chance to buy

I just noticed that Tony's car (@Vitesse) has come up for sale. I saw the car close up once and closely followed Tony's restoration on another forum. I'm aware that he got very little use from it due partly to ill health and also because, as he said, the best part for him was actually working on the car.

Tony was a perfectionist, but he used professional help where he knew his limits. This car is bound to be faithfully and thoroughly restored to near original specification. Despite this I remember he did fit a very late 650 engine, so the advert is slightly wrong.

If you are looking for a 500 I highly recommend chasing this one...anything up to £15,000 would be fair. More than anything I think Tony would like his car to go into long term ownership of someone who will really cherish it.

The name is "Luigi" and with good reason...look at the registration.
It makes me a bit weepy......get out there everyone, and use your car, we aren't here forever.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
After lots of lurking in this forum (and others) Tony's car arrived at our house at lunchtime today - ready for a new generation to love and cherish.

This is a car I never intend to sell and will be used around the roads of Hertfordshire whenever I don't need to use a motorway or have to guarantee we'll arrive on time :) I'd read Luigi's restoration thread + your thread a couple of times over the last year or two while day dreaming about picking up a 500. Seeing it come up after someone clearly put so much care into the restoration - it just seemed right.

IMG_1951.jpeg

After lots of lurking in this forum (and others) Tony's car arrived at our house at lunchtime today - ready for a new generation to love and cherish.

This is a car I never intend to sell and will be used around the roads of Hertfordshire whenever I don't need to use a motorway or have to guarantee we'll arrive on time :) I'd read Luigi's restoration thread + your thread a couple of times over the last year or two while day dreaming about picking up a 500. Seeing it come up after someone clearly put so much care into the restoration - it just seemed right.

View attachment 392536

Fantastic news Steve, and thnk-you so much for sharing it with us.

It looks like Luigi is heading for a few more outings than he's had since restoration and that there might be some passengers who match his cute looks. Please keep us posted. :)

Wonderful news. I'm sure Tony would have approved. The family look very happy to have him home. hopefully the girls will learn to drive in him too!
A merry Christmas! Early gift, bit big to get under the tree!

Back