General Fog light bulb replacement

Currently reading:
General Fog light bulb replacement

dchamero

Does anyone know how to replace the fog light bulb?

I know how to reach all the other bulbs, but, for the life of me, I can't find a way of reaching the H11 foglight bulb to replace it... :confused:

Does anyone know how to replace the fog light bulb?

I know how to reach all the other bulbs, but, for the life of me, I can't find a way of reaching the H11 foglight bulb to replace it... :confused:

Hi dchamero, Welcome to Fiat Forum.
What does the handbook say? On some Fiats, My Croma included, it says contact your dealer for bulb replacement. This is because the under-tray or possibly bumper has to be removed for access. Poor design maybe, but it may also make them last longer because they are better protected from the elements.

Robert G8RPI.

Yes, that is exactly what it says, but I refuse to believe that it is that complicated to change a simple bulb!

Yes, that is exactly what it says, but I refuse to believe that it is that complicated to change a simple bulb!

Unfortuntly it is beyond the "average" owner/driver. You have to jack the front of the car and remove the front part of the under-tray (at least that is the case on the Croma, I expect the 500L is similar). The requirement to lift the whole front of the car and get under it put's the job beyond the tools supplied with the car. You should NEVER get under a car that is only supported by a jack (especially the one supplied for wheel changing)
So unless you have axle stands or ramps it is indeed a garage job:(

Robert G8RPI.

Back