Focus vs Lupo

Currently reading:
Focus vs Lupo

Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda, Panda....... Ahhh go on, go on, go on, GO ON!!:p

Lets be honest both the focus and the lupo are two different cars aimed at two different markets.

You cant really compare one to the other because you will find both have pluses and negatives over the other

what you really seem to be interested in by the way this thread has gone is the engine rather than the car, so my suggestion is to test drive a focus sized car with the lupo engine you want be it a vw or another manufacturer if its possible.

You will regret going from the focus to the lupo as it stands IMO mainly for the space factor, so if you can find something that meets in the middle (focus size or similar with the vw or that diesel engine) i think you might find the car you are looking for

Last edited:
I would have one of these if I wanted a Focus size car;

Bravo multijet
Renault Megane 1.9 DCi
Golf TDi

OR one of these if I wanted a Lupo size car;

VW Lupo TDi
Fiat Panda 100HP
Renault Twingo or Clio

These are in no particular order. The Bravo would be first choice but the Renault and the Golf are very tempting.

My first choice, if you don't already know for a Lupo sized car would be the Panda 100HP, the Lupo is rare in TDi form, the Renaults are good city cars and should be cheap to run.

Back