Fly/Tar marks on a white car!!!

Currently reading:
Fly/Tar marks on a white car!!!

Cowelly

I own a White punto, hence the picture below.
i have a massive problem, i end up having loads of dead flies on the front bumper and on the side skirts i have a lot of tar marks, which is difficult to remove and i dont want to scratch anything.
please can someone explain why my front end gets covered in flies and why my dads silver corsa doesnt.
i use fly/tar remover stuff when i do clean my car but, it doesnt get rid of 100%.... anyone else have the same problem?

To get it clean use a clay bar along with a suitable lubricant. That will remove the tar and flies from the paint.

Then you need to protect your paint from getting coated. A few coats of wax should make washing them off next time easier. P.s. isn't owning a white car torture? :D

Milkbottle.jpg

For the tar marks try WD-40 on a microfiber cloth

or propper Tar remover such as autoglym..

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ag-19325.html

once done clean the car as normal any remaining traces should come off with a polish such as autoglym super resin polish

then seal the paintwork with a wax or synthetic sealent such as AG's Extra gloss protection...

i get a load of crap like that on my car. the best thing i have ever used is meguirs quick clay stuff its amazing and if you polish the car well after using it should just clean off with soap and water. Oh and i hope you know god says its bad to kill living things so try and dodge the little buggers lol

To get it clean use a clay bar along with a suitable lubricant. That will remove the tar and flies from the paint.

Then you need to protect your paint from getting coated. A few coats of wax should make washing them off next time easier. P.s. isn't owning a white car torture? :D

Milkbottle.jpg

those wheels are nice! i like :)

Washing up liquids meant to be decent too

I think a proper tar remover is deffinatly the best thing to use for tar spots though. theres one caller tardis, think its by autobrite which is considered the best

cheers guys for all your replies (y) maybe the best solution is to buy a dark coloured car :bang: haha
will try some of your ideas. nice one guys ;)

Back