General Floor Mats

Currently reading:
General Floor Mats

Ant1974

Established member
Whats better, from Fiat or aftermarket. Are the dealers mats around £25 for the set?

I bought the Fiat mats.

They're a nice grey colour to compliment the car interior colour, have the Panda logo on the corner on the driver's mat, wear well and are easy to keep clean.

I think they were a smidgeon less than £25 (about a year ago).

Ant1974 said:
Whats better, from Fiat or aftermarket. Are the dealers mats around £25 for the set?

I also have the Fiat mats, complement the car, etc etc. Then I covered them over with some naff carpet cutoffs from the lounge, then put a rubber mat over them to keep the mud and horse poo off them. So I don't know why I bought the Fiat ones.

Duh

In general orginal mats are much better than copys, IME. I searched high and low for a sent of bravo ones and couldnt find any. My fantastic boyfriend *hands over bucket* located some for me and they were sent from buckinghamshire to knutsford. So get them while you can i reckon :)

I fitted the Fiat (genuine) mats yesterday (@£25 a set of four). They're black and seem to be of good quality - quite thick. The drivers mat has two retaining lug thingies(?) that screw into the car's carpet to stop the mat slipping. Strangly, there's no heel mat on the driver's mat - but it does have rather a funky "PANDA" logo in white on this mat only. Overall, I'm happy with the mats, which fit perfectly.:) :) :)
Doug

I also got the FIAT mats. At 8 euros (for all 4!) they were extremely cheap too.

Lidl car mats fit very well and I think cost about £3.99. Nice grey colour matches the original carpet and can be edged in Blue, Red or Black according to taste. However they only have them in Lidl intermittently so you will have to look out for them.

Doug123 said:
The missus is far too Posh to even drive past a Lidl !!!!! LOL :p :p :p
Do they do Panda mats in Harrods?
Doug

I live near a LIDL, I could pick you a set up, cross out 'LIDL' and write 'John Lewis' in magic marker. Do you think she'd notice? :rolleyes:

I would recommend mats. The driver's side carpet has no hard plastic insert as found on many cars. When I collected my car from the dealer they had fitted some 'complimentary' free mats. How nice I thought. Upon lifting the drivers mat I found the carpet had been worn right through by heels under the clutch pedal in 5,000 miles. The carpet is very thin.

Watch out for Lidl car mats on monday £3.99 /4. But I note that in their pic, its the passenger side seat that has the reinforced heel section.
Does anyone know if their car seat covers will fit diddy Panda seats OK?

Paul Jaggard said:
Watch out for Lidl car mats on monday £3.99 /4. But I note that in their pic, its the passenger side seat that has the reinforced heel section.
Does anyone know if their car seat covers will fit diddy Panda seats OK?

I'd take a chance. I bought Halfrauds 'Girl-Friend Proof' seat covers for my car as G/F likes to eat pies and crisps in it. They are so horrible that she refuses to sit in them now, so job done!

Most fit with elastic tapes and little hooks under the seat, and fit quite well. Keeps the seats clean too.

What price a crisp-free car?

The mats they sell in UK have heel pad on driver's side. Picture is of the mainland Europe mats.
To make these mats fit snugly in the front of the Panda, try to tuck them under the plastic trim on the door side of the mat. a bit tricky but it is much neater. Rear mats fit just about perfectly.

turboned said:
theres a football chant to go with this, but i think ms pandissimo may kill me....

She might deck you with a well aimed Ginsters...;)

I try and keep OPK's out the car too. (Other People's Kids) . They seem to need intravenous chocolate to go anywhere by car these days. And then there's OPDs' . G/F's pal turned up the other day and they asked if I could run them down to park. Pal had this HUGE greyhound that didn't fit in the boot properly. I shut the lid on its tail by accident and it bit me.

No more doggy's..

Get the seat covers....

Back