Technical Flood messed up my headlight levellers

Currently reading:
Technical Flood messed up my headlight levellers

Disocnnect the headlamp electrical lead (push back the grey securing clip and pull off) and push it out of the way for more access. Remove the cover securing clip completely, then fit the cover, then reattach the clip, bottom first then top

Sounds easy! I did try and try but it just wouldn't fit no matter what. I really can't be bothered with it anymore.

The pic of the inside of my leveller, does it look right? Is it supposed to be rusty...

Well no it shouldn't be rusty but that may just be surface corrosion and may not stop it working.
Funny, I thought yours looks exactly the same as my pictures:)
It's a fairly simple circuit so personally I'd just check it through. It's making a noise (i can hear it from here) so the motor's running and it's just a case of whether the limit switch is functioning
leveller internals.JPG
Can't tell by looking at photos whether it's ok or not but i'd put 12v on it at the connector in either direction and see what's happening. It should move until the limit switch chops the supply. From what you say it's almost certainly something up with the limit switch operation

Last edited:
So i've a power supply to the motor at both ways, and it seems fine. Spins both ways, but the limit switch does not move at all. Neither does the white thing that is under the limit switch. I don't understand how that is supposed to move when it is as stiff as anything. I pulled the circuit board out and the limit switch moves freely up and down.

You said that it cuts off the supply automatically. My one just spins and spins. I think its had it!

leveller20internals.jpg

At the moment, i'm not so keen on that idea... I'd have to take everything apart again! And i hate doing that! Maybe when its summery and warmer, i'll get round to fitting a new one. For now, my headlights are back to where they shoud be so i'm happy with that. Thanks for your help Boss. Much appreciated. (y)

Re: Headlight query re levelers

Hi, how can i disconnect the motor to stop it from making the noise? I would of thought removing a fuse would do it, but it appears to be on the same circuit as the dipped beam fuse.

hydie331

Re: Headlight query re levelers

Hi, how can i disconnect the motor to stop it from making the noise? I would of thought removing a fuse would do it, but it appears to be on the same circuit as the dipped beam fuse.

hydie331

I've recently purchased a new headlight adjuster motor £55.42 vat included. Just for a tiny little adjuster! Without it installed, the inside of the headlight moves freely and at a standstill, you can see the headlight vibrating.

Now i just need to refit it. :bang:

To disconnect it i believe its just one lead that you can pull out which has 3 wires connecting to it. I think its red and blue. It may stop the noise but it may also leave your beam in the wrong place (mine was pointing to the floor!)

I removed it and it went back to place but i'd rather get it fixed so i have paid the extortionate price and hopefully Charly (the stilo!) won't rip my skin off like she did last time!

Wish me luck.

And i really need it because i misplaced the screws holding the adjuster in place! :doh:

Back