General flood faults

Currently reading:
General flood faults

this morning when i started my 1.6 MW, it threw up an engine fault message ,seven new error codes:cry:, apart from the brake sw p0571 i've been ignoring for a few weeks...
yesterday evening i drove through a shallow flooded road pool fairly quickly and caused a big splash,after a few wiper washes and 2 miles to home all seemed fine till this morning,
u1600,p0443,p0638,u1700,u1706,u170,u1706 are the codes.
are there any specific electrical connectors or areas that are suceptable to water in or around the engine bay?
any help/advice is much appreciated, i do love my stilo:eek:.

thanks for the reply...
earlier that day my car failed its irish roadworthiness test on a misaligned headlamp beam,(the bulb wasnt properly seated,the bulb tab was aligned but there was dirt/debrit on the lamp seat) during that repair i was called away and left the rear lamp cover and battery cover " off till later ":eek:
little did i know that i'd later drive into a flood:bang:
last night i spent a few hours removing my headlamp/bumper and emptying/drying out the headlamp.
i presume its best do the same with the fusebox, i'm not familiar with the D4 connection yet but i will find it, thanks again.
also,in case it might matter ,during the car test the butcher that tested my pride and joy revvvvved the engine for 2 or 3 minutes,far more than i liked., could this be a cause of any of my error codes?

There's a guide to cleaning the D4 connector here:

https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo-guides/99828-d4-connector.html

The fuse box may dry out by itself but when mine got wet, I had to remove it from the car and dismantle it. The 2 halves of the grey box come apart but you need to be very careful because all the metal contacts inside it can fall out.

that D4 connector sounds like the answer from reading that guide.
after it threw up the engine fault message,when i turned off the key- the clocks died but the engine didnt stop! i had to try drive away with the handbrake on to stop the engine.

i'm nearly afraid to type it , but i've cleaned the dreaded D4 with proper contact cleaner and have no errors to report.
its not that i dont trust your advice but the contact cleaner trick was a bit too easy, magic stuff ?
does anyone know how it works, does it degrease the contacts , does it evaporate , does it disperse the moisture , what exact qualaties does it have?
thanks again for all advice recieved.

Always try the easy option first ..... it often works. (y)

Electrical contact or switch cleaner will clean out dirt, oil, grease and metal oxidation. It also assists in moisture dispersion, however, unlike WD40 that's oil based, contact cleaner in spirit based so it evapourates very quickly.

Don't forget to put your battery cover back on. ;)

Back