General Flat Tyre! Punctured!

Currently reading:
General Flat Tyre! Punctured!

DaDudee

I noticed something dodgey and wasnt right while setting off...so looked at the tyres and one of them was flat!! so tried to pump it up and can hear slight air just coming back out and its flat again. ive never had this happen before and didnt notice driving over anything, and just abit suspicious someone has done it,what can cause this while driving??:mad: :confused:

or the wrong tyre pressure and its blown out.

but if it was gone before moving, then it could have been a previous object thats been picked up, or some scrote has cut the valves etc.

if it had just simply been let down by some scrote, it would only take a few revolutions for the tyre to be damaged, AND THEN it would leak air:( sidewall would be totalled too

ah ok cheers. it was fine driving home i think, i did notice just before home turning into a road the wheel seemed abit stiff but not sure. when went to drive it again few hours later thats when i notice. any ideas how much it costs to fix?

It depends on what tyres you have...size wheels, if you need a new tyre, or if it can be repaired.

If it's a puncture in the middle-ish of the tread...say a screw is in there, it would be about £15 for a tyre shop to repair it. But if it's too close to the tyre wall, or if you've done any damage by driving on it, then it's new tyre time.

I'm always getting flats, esp when we had builders down our road, they used to park outside our house and empty their pockets into the gutter...so always flappin screws laying around gggrrrrrrr. So it may just be 'one of those things' rather than someone doing it to your car on purpose.

if youve been driving it while its been flat, i wouldnt risk repairing it :chin:

by driving on the flat you'll of weakened the sidewall which may lead to a blow out

i wouldnt say its worth the risk

if its a mk1 youve got which should run on something like 165/65r13's tyres shouldnt be too expencive

blackcircles.com has them listed as £38.09 fitted each for new toyos :D

Back