flat spots no power

Currently reading:
flat spots no power

M

machine

Hey,
Wonder if any one has had a problem like this.

My car bogs down when i pull away then it randomly kicks the power in. Then sometimes i'll be driving along and when i need to excellarate it feels like i have no power. I've tried dropping gears to get the revs up but it doesn't go any faster. After all this it'll gain its power back and go like a bat out of hell.

I recon it's a sensor fault somewhere. As any one else had this problem?

I've changed the oil, air filter and plugs and it's no different.?

Thanks

Initially sounds like a coil issue or MAF sensor to me (but I aint no expert).

Engine?

im not a mechanic but ive had the same thing with 3 of my previous bravos and every time it been the air-flow meter.

flat spots power

Hi,

it's the bravo 1.6 16v sx 2001 43,000 miles

Is there a MAF on the 1.6? Im sure I remember Tom sying there wasn't.

sensors

Any ideas then guys. If a get a car tuner out will the sensor show up on the fault scanner even the the engine light isnt on?

theres the other thread still going on the HGT oxygen sensor prob, which is just the same. I'd replace the sensor on your exhaust first (cheapest option) then if that dosn't cure it, its gotta be the MAF

maf

so does my car have a MAF sensor. where is it located?

thanks

Mafs round black plastic - about the size of a coffee cup. Connects air hose of similar diameter to top of air filter housing. Easy to swop yourself if you order the part.

Ahh haa!! im having exact same problem, I did what Von said, disconnected my MAF last night & thought i'd try it out, my god!! The extra power is truly amazing! but yes at a cost! :)

However, that was only disconnecting the sensor, I haven't removed it or tried to clean it. I have ordered a new MAF sensor the other day, so waiting for it to come in then'll replace it. If it still has flat spots, then I will be changing the Lambda sensor next. I think of it as a process of illimination. However MAF's aren't cheap depending on where you go that is.

I am hoping once the MAF is replaced, all problems will be resolved, but i'll keep you posted.

Phil

maf

Where is the MAF sensor located? I've undone something and it's put my engine light on. I've plugged it back in and it's still on so it'll need clearing,

the lamda sensors usually wired in on your front pipe. The MAF is the part connected to your airbox

flat spots

aaaaah, my car doesnt have a MAF then.

Had the scanner on the ecu and its come up with the knock sensor. Think thats the crank shaft or cam sensor aint it?

i've ordered it so i'll let you know how it goes

Flat spots, oxygen sensor

Hi guys,

Had my Lamda sensor changed Friday, made a slight difference, but in the morning start, my HGT still missfires, the MAF sensor arrived today, so will be fitting tomorrow to see if that does anything, failing that, I suppose it must be deeper than that.

Phil