Technical flat spot

Currently reading:
Technical flat spot

Squirrel

My 1.9 sporting has developed a flat spot. it only happens under certain load levels and boost levels. it never happens on mid or full throttle tho.

it does it when its cold and going up a steep hill in 2ND or slowly acceleration in 3rd, going up to about 3k. My cars has been mapped. As said it only does it occasionally but when it does it, i can here the waste gate going off then the sound of the turbo building up boost again. it still boost fine on full throttle

The cars an 07 plate so maybe failing turbo? Its been about 2k miles since the last oil change. any ideas what it could be? i

It could need a mod with the egr valve, there is a mod where a special restrictive gasket is fitted, this works a treat.

I live about 2 hours away from the people who mapped the car. its going into fiat tomorrow for a recall so i'm going to have them look at it then. does fiat know about the mod to the egr valve?

fiat know (obviously) but depends on local garage, numanR reads his service news but not all garages do;)

We have squirrels in our back garden, they play on phone line (not mine)

Last edited:
cool cheers people. so it may not be the turbo unit then

Whats your obd code Dave? Restrictor is fitted to my stilo, and its made it much nicer to drive, no fluffiness and smooth idle.

Whats your obd code Dave? Restrictor is fitted to my stilo, and its made it much nicer to drive, no fluffiness and smooth idle.

i dont have no stilo, i ask because lots of thew stilo lot been having the problem of this light popping on

is there part numbr for the stilo one and i will pass it on and get them to try it

Last edited:
My car is suffering from the same thing and is in the stealers today having a new EGR, thermostat and gaskets fitted. So i will report with the verdict when its done.

Back