Technical Flat Spot

Currently reading:
Technical Flat Spot

Well go to your dealer and ask them then. Bumping every thread on it isnt going to get it answered any faster your just filling this part of the forum with the same bloody thing.

just clean it out yourself, its pisse easy if you have a socket set and an hour or so, read the guide in the guides section and look at the pictures

just clean it out yourself, its pisse easy if you have a socket set and an hour or so, read the guide in the guides section and look at the pictures

think i might do, however iv read something about a smaller gasket which acts as a restrictor, as without this it will always need cleaning.

since my last post i have followed the guide on cleaning out my EGR valve, although loads of **** came out it has only improved my performance ever so slightly. However there is no power until 2300 rpm its horrible to drive. this makes me think that the mechanical side to the egr valve is okay and that the electrical side is faulty. However when i went to see my fiat dealer he said that they arent able to do anything with it unless the ecu light is on and its not even though they know about the problem with the egr valves. How do i get them to fix it? and also is this deffinatly the problem?

Could be wrong but I think there is a known problem which Fiat are aware of.

The dealer needs to check the injectors (I think there may be a dodgy batch) and then apply a new map which apparently cures the problem.

How old is the car, seems to be affecting newer models

since my last post i have followed the guide on cleaning out my EGR valve, although loads of **** came out it has only improved my performance ever so slightly. However there is no power until 2300 rpm its horrible to drive. this makes me think that the mechanical side to the egr valve is okay and that the electrical side is faulty. However when i went to see my fiat dealer he said that they arent able to do anything with it unless the ecu light is on and its not even though they know about the problem with the egr valves. How do i get them to fix it? and also is this deffinatly the problem?

If its new (still under warranty) and bought from them say the performance is no where near satisfactory for the spec of the car and is borderline dangerous and unfit for purpose. Failing that try another dealer or threaten rejection (you'll have more clout if its bought on finance).

Could be wrong but I think there is a known problem which Fiat are aware of.

The dealer needs to check the injectors (I think there may be a dodgy batch) and then apply a new map which apparently cures the problem.

How old is the car, seems to be affecting newer models

its an 2007 on an 07 plate, i bought it privatly but is still under warrenty. However the car has been remapped by red dot so im guessing that if they apply the new map i will loose the old one.

I still dont understand how it was working perfectly until a few weeks back.

Good news - the flat spot has been fixed!!! :D

The dealers knew about the EGR problem already without me having to say anything, but after some further investigation (and thankfully having been able to feel it for themselves on a test drive :worship:) they did this:

"Basically we have fitted a restriction to the egr system, which reduces the cross sectional area available for the exhaust gas to pass through into the inlet manifold. This restriction acts like a venturi and speeds up the gas passing through it, so making it mix better with the inlet air and also clean the egr valve itself. It does not reduce the exhaust gas passing through it as we have checked this using airflow meter readings. This is available for most egr systems on Fiat 1.9 and 2.4 diesel engines.
Service news 10.21.08 includes a test procedure to follow before fitting the restriction."

Hope this makes sense to anyone with a similar problem - and that it helps you too! It's another niggly problem with the car fixed :slayer:

thanks alot for this mine is at the dealer now trying to sorted it i had engine managment light on and asr dissconected itself had mega loss of power and had that flat spot aswell all the time when driving the dealer said the lights was because of a loose earth wire and they they though the power loss was because the fuse box was damp and they are now replaceing that at a cost of 300 pound to them stupid people this is the 4th time it has been back for the same fault :bang:

Back