Technical Flat Battery

Currently reading:
Technical Flat Battery

Fiat Sporting 1999

Hi,
The battery on my Punto Sporting Mk1 (1999) is flat every other morning. I replaced the battery only 2 months ago. Is it possible the alternator is going? If I drive around with no lights or don't use any other electrics, it seems to be OK, but as soon as I have to drive at night in rain the following morning the batterty is flat! I've also checked to make sure nothing is draining the battert over night e.g. boot light etc... any ideas! :bang:

Hi,
The battery on my Punto Sporting Mk1 (1999) is flat every other morning. I replaced the battery only 2 months ago. Is it possible the alternator is going? If I drive around with no lights or don't use any other electrics, it seems to be OK, but as soon as I have to drive at night in rain the following morning the batterty is flat! I've also checked to make sure nothing is draining the battert over night e.g. boot light etc... any ideas! :bang:

sounds like a dodgy alternator or could be a drain on your battery somewhere.

I'd take it to your local motor shop who sell's batteries, and ask them to check your alternator. Usually free of charge.

I had similar problem with an old car of mine, took ages checking wiring etc, it was a capacitor on the alternator shorting causing problem replaced the alternator and all was well.

Back