Technical Flashing oil light, and change oil message

Currently reading:
Technical Flashing oil light, and change oil message

Dr pepper

I sent my wifes 2015 fiorino to have an oil change last April at 30k miles, at a back street garage.
Now at 36200 miles we are getting the flashing oil light and message.
If I drop the oil & change it will this self clear, or do I need to get out the laptop & multiecuscan software?
I also have a generic code scanner that can do a clear all, would this also do the trick.
I presume theres an optical or conductivity based oil quality sensor somewhere, the oil does look black & manky, must have been a cheap re-processed one.

I sent my wifes 2015 fiorino to have an oil change last April at 30k miles, at a back street garage.
Now at 36200 miles we are getting the flashing oil light and message.
If I drop the oil & change it will this self clear, or do I need to get out the laptop & multiecuscan software?
I also have a generic code scanner that can do a clear all, would this also do the trick.
I presume theres an optical or conductivity based oil quality sensor somewhere, the oil does look black & manky, must have been a cheap re-processed one.

Hi,
The oil degredation is calculated from car usage and number of regeneratons. Ideally you should use Multiecuscan www.multiecuscan.net see also thread

https://www.fiatforum.com/ducato/458194-reset-flashing-oil-light.html?458194=#post4326539
There is a "pedal pushing" method but it's not official see this thread
https://www.fiatforum.com/500/306394-flashing-oil-light-how-reset.html
If you are going to do your own servicing Multiecuscan is well worth the approx £70 investment

Robert G8RPI.

Thanks for that.

Multiecuscan doesnt recognize the Abs in this car so I dont want to spend 70 notes on it.

I'll try the bodge method, failing that I'll take it to the garage I use, he's got the kit to do it.

I'm a long way from the M4.

Last edited:
Thanks for that.

Multiecuscan doesnt recognize the Abs in this car so I dont want to spend 70 notes on it.

I'll try the bodge method, failing that I'll take it to the garage I use, he's got the kit to do it.

I'm a long way from the M4.

MES should recognise the ABS. Sounds like you have tried the free version, what revision and interface? If you are near the M11/A14 I could try my registered copy.

Robert G8RPI.

Thanks for that, but unfortunately I'm in the north.
I have an Elm 327 interface, I hacked it from a Usb interface into a Rs232 serial one as my lappy doesnt have bluetooth, and the Usb port is blown.
Operation is exactly the same though.

Yes I tried the demo version of Mes, V4.3.
The Abs Id is ISO EC072900FE.

Good news on the oil light, the pedal method worked, thanks.
I'll post on that thread that it works for this vehicle too.

Last edited:
Back