Technical Flashing odometer

Currently reading:
Technical Flashing odometer

jb1970

Just noticed a few days ago that my odometer is flashing - what does that mean?

Sorry for the thread hijack but what is actually the 'H' that you refer to?

I had it on mine and it turned itself off after I passed 200km on the odometer ( I think ).

No problem Jim,the 'H' is oddmeter reset,this should be carried out after the PDI roadtest so when customer picks up his/her new car it has 0 miles on it.It will go out after a pre-determined distance (80miles odd) like yours did but it should of been done initially.

Last edited:
take it to a fiat dealer there is a software upgrade for certain chassis no for it and for starting problems as well i should know i have done hundreds at work

I have had few issues with dirt on CPS causing intermittent poor starting but as far as i'm aware (I just checked) there is no software update for any starting issues this applied to late mk2 puntos only.

Well...

I just had a flashing odometer (at 41 Km) after "mis-starting"... basically I rotated to MAR, then started the engine (but I missed timing and released too soon, dropping the engine dead). I just made STOP, MAR and started the engine (as the diesel was already heated... )

After this I started driving and noticed the odometer flashing. I made a brief stop to the kerb, put STOP to the car, completely, waited a few secs for a click on the boot, and then started again... this time all gone well.

At least I tought so, but my blue&me saw no media... with the same usb pen in the glove compartment...

After my 10 km ride, I stoped gone for coffee.

My baby girl tried to open her door on the trip (locked with speed). When stopped I couldn't open the door from the outside, had to pull from the inside... I just made the baby lock afterwards, is this normal behaviour ? (I hope so, It seems a protected lock like when trying to open a locked door and using a central locking to unlock the car... the ones with the pulled handle are not opened).

And on the return trip I got all working, blue&me with media again :D

I guess this doesn't leave traces for analysis or does it ?

PL

I'm getting strange things happening - most days now - my Blue and Me 'crashes' and the odomoter starts flashing, as described here.

I can be listening to music on a USB stick and it will just suddenly stop and return to the radio. All of the B&M buttons stop working on the steering wheel (ie. the windows button, the phone button etc), so I can't use the phone or the media player. However, the light on my USB stick continues to flash, indicating the the car is still reading data from it. :confused:

Even if I'm not listening to the USB, the buttons will still not work sometimes when I go to make a call or listen to music, making me think it has crashed even though I'm not using the USB stick.

It always seems to be after about 10-15 mins of driving, and as long as I turn the engine off for more than a few hours, it's ok when I re-start. :bang:

I've just disconnected the battery for a few hours this evening to see if this clears the problem, but has anyone else had this?

Back