Technical Flashing odometer and no air con

Currently reading:
Technical Flashing odometer and no air con

Hi all,

I replaced my 5" media player in my 500X for the 7" version at the weekend, and now I have a flashing odometer and no air con/heater controls.
Am I right in thinking I now have to have this programmed to the car, and this will sort it out?

Any help gratefully received.

Generally speaking in modern Fiat/Alfa/Lancia vehicles you can not change any/many items connected to and communicating with the Body Computer WITHOUT doing what is called a PROXI Alignment.

The body computer contains a registry of items and their configuration. In a simple case byte X of the proxi data will determine what image/logo of the car is displayed on the dashboard. Changing the byte value changes the picture.

More complex would be a set of bytes that define what is fitted (eg. type/model of uConnect) and configuration settings.

Lastly not all units/items will be compatible or supported by any given body computer.

What you need to do is get the new 7 inch uConnect PROXI aligned into your car. This can be done with MultiECUScan and I believe AlfaOBD. Both of these programs require purchase AND the appropriate Interface hardware and cables.

There are a few people here on Fiat Forum who have MES and may be able to help. See this thread:

https://www.fiatforum.com/forums/multiecuscan-members-register.336/

Thanks for the reply.

As I suspected, really, but would that also cause the aircon to stop working?
Pass.

That said the uConnect system is probably on the same CAN/other comms line and you may have inadvertently upset the aircon.

Also I don't know but on the Croma 2005 the aircon system had a diagnostic system for display various car parameters etc. without having to resort to other diagnostic kit on the EOBD port. If the uConnect has these hidden features then that could explain things.

The place to start is to get the proxi done.

On the MES forums other people have posted info on upgrading uConnect 5 to 7 so you need to research there as well.

Back