General Flashing Mileage

Currently reading:
General Flashing Mileage

Acordis

Flashing Mileage Indicator

Had this a couple of times on my Stilo Abarth 03 Reg. Start engine and the mileage indicator is flashing. Car runs ok and it goes away once you restart.

Can't find this "feature" in the hand book so wondered if anyone knew what it meant?

Re: Flashing Mileage Indicator

Stuart DemonD said:
Jetweed seems to imply it is linked to an imminent service :) or not :chin:
More likely 'or not'... isn't a message displayed saying something like 'Service Due'?

SLOVAC said:
More likely 'or not'... isn't a message displayed saying something like 'Service Due'?
Yes, and with the Nav+ you get the number of days/mileage to go before service BUT maybe the flashing forewarns of an imminent service interval - the next person to get it, please check.....

Stu, has the flashing odometer thing happened to you again since last year? Or was it only the one time?

SLOVAC said:
Stu, has the flashing odometer thing happened to you again since last year? Or was it only the one time?
Now you mention it, I am sure it happened again - just before my 36k mile service - at the time, I just dismissed it.

I got the flashing mileometer thingy when I disconnected the parking sensor control box then (accidentally I might add) started the car.

Perhaps it indicates a CAN line drop-out?

Sorry Stu I did do a search but it didn't pick up the thread you linked to!

My car has never had the service indicator reset from new. Long story. Guy sold it to Fords of Winsford before 1st service. They did the service when I bought it, now have to have 6 month oil change done by local independant Fiat garage (for RAC Warranty) who is getting software to reset the service indicator.

As everyone says it doesn't seem to do anything. Just part of the "Unique" Fiat owning experience!

Go on then I'll ask "What the king cone is Proxialignment?" :confused:

You can all have a laugh at my expense on this one :p

Oh God :mad: And I thought it was a wind up!

In future I'm just going to PM you Stuart and let you do a search for me :D

Well my Stilo's in the garage having a new instrument cluster now. They've said they connected the new one but the mileage is flashing, and they've had to fax Fiat Technical to ask them, and say it might need another new dash.

Perhaps I should phone them and tell them it needs Proxialignment doing to it!

Back