Flashing mileage

Currently reading:
Flashing mileage

lilygirl86

hi i have a punto evo 61 plate and my mileage has just randomly started flashing on the car can any one help me with what it is and what i need to do thanks

hi i have a punto evo 61 plate and my mileage has just randomly started flashing on the car can any one help me with what it is and what i need to do thanks

It'll be a node which has fallen out with the canbus system, it may sort itself, disconnecting the battery may resolve it, or you'll need to have a proxi alignment done by either a main dealer or someone with www.multiecuscan.net software (y)

Hi again Lisa,

the car is fine to drive

basically the cars "brain" is / has been lacking a connection,
that's why the mileage is flashing

common causes are a poor connection / low voltage to a sensor, ( often leaves a fault code stored in cars computer)

the simplest thing is..

getting the battery tested,
clearing the fault code / getting a CODE reader plugged in OR just disconnect battery power for an hour or more - that sometimes helps things reset.

IF you need to go to a garage = https://www.fiatforum.com/garages/430059-l-c-motors-newport.html

Charlie

Last edited:
A quiker way ( not offical, but it works :D), to turn of the ignition, and remove the connector of the blue and me module (behind the glove box, 5 or 6 torx screws). Its a blue connector, 26pin i believe. And reconnect, 9 out of 10 the flashing will stop

I thought i have a car this week, that needs a new unit. Ill shoot some pictures then(y)

Hi, Did you ever get those pictures? I'm having the same problem with my Fiat Punto Multijet Lounge (14 reg, just bought it). I'm not techy, so any help appreciated. Thanks.

Back