Technical fixing aibag failure

Currently reading:
Technical fixing aibag failure

thanks adam give it a try tmoz,do you know if its the same on a 2002 punto cos me sis has the same problem?

I always disconnect the battery no matter what car it is or what part of the airbag system i'm investigating.Accidents easily (and do) happen,one second of forgetfullness can be messy.Its part of health & safety SRS rules to always disconnect battery & some cars have SRS systems that operate even with ignition off.

cheers mate will disconnected the battery then.lucky i checked back in i was gonna fix my sisters airbag first thanks

The guide doesnt suggest this is needed. If I did it every time, I would waste an extra 30mins taking the batter cover off and then resetting the "My Car" menu. I personally see no need to as long as the car is not going to get crashed into and is parked in a safe location. I didnt even know the airbags could be activated while no one was in the car?? Hence the OCS in the passenger side?? :confused:

Just seems a lot of work for what should be a 5 minute fix!

well,i did attempt to take the battery off.well i opened the bonnet,you got to take all that plastic crap off.T14086 thanks for the advice but me being me i did it without cos i aint got any patience but it all went well i followed deckchair5's guide and all the faults have gone airbag fail ,left indicator and the engine stop its all gone all for £4.89 maplins
NICE ONE LADS OH WHATS THE BEST AIR FILTER TO PUT ON THE STILO 1.2

If I did it every time, I would waste an extra 30mins taking the batter cover off and then resetting the "My Car" menu.

Better than a airbag in the face or at the very least skin burns.

As I said 'I always' disconnect the battery (from personal experience of being in a car where the airbag went off 'accidently') not saying you have too. I'm quite sure Decks would reinforce the safety aspects when working on any part of a SRS system.

For your information though;

"The airbag detonation circuit is extremely sensitive.Most manufacturers have been twisting the detonation wires to reduce the chance of inductive reactance detonating the airbags. (Inductive reactance is current that can be induced by radio waves). The current that can detonate an airbag is so small that even using an ohm-meter on the circuit can detonate an airbag. The detonation, apart from being extremely dangerous because of its force, requires an expensive replacement of the airbag, dash, and in many cases, the windshield.

Filters can be used and are especially important in Police and emergency vehicles or where Radio Frequency signals are transmitted near an airbag circuit since radio waves can't be predicted.

Static electricity or capacitance in the circuit can also set off a bag accidentally"

oh, i didnt relise it was that sensitive i suppose it would be good practice to disconnect the battery then if it happens again.Thanks for the heads up T14086

Back