General Fitting suspention MK2 JTD

Currently reading:
General Fitting suspention MK2 JTD

Quick question about changing the shocks and springs on an MK2 JTD. I dont know if its any different for the non JTD/HGT models etc.

Anyway, the rear suspention is self explanatory and just like doign a cinq/sei etc which ive done many a time.

However, the front top mounts look like nothing ive seen on any of my other cars. usualy there are 3 little bolts holding the strut onto the body at the top. the punto doesnt. it just has a circular cone like thing with the top bolt in the middle.

now im assuming that the cup thing is actually attatched to the body rather than the shock and so undoing the top bolt will release the strut from the body. but if this is the case then this will also release the spring which could be dangerous :confused:

can anyone explain how the top mounts are on an MK2 punto as I dont have a haynes yet

I cant remember remember from doing mine because it was ages ago and might not be the same as the JTD. The Haynes ive got (which says doesnt cover 1.8/JTD lol :rolleyes: ) shows that you can take the strut out complete, then once its out you get the spring compressors on it and release it.

From the looks of it, all you need to do to take the strut out is undo the nut holding the cup thing in place (y)

Hope that helps and does apply to the JTD.

This help any?

Attachments

• punto-shock.JPG
    punto-shock.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 39
Back