Fitting speakers in front door of punto

Currently reading:
Fitting speakers in front door of punto

mattyj10

Hi, ive just got a 54 plate punto and I am wanting to upgrade the standard speakers in the doors as there not very good I looked in the book and it said current ones are 165mm will 17cm ones fit in ?

will normal or components be better and can any one suggest a decent set for under or around £50 also how difficult is it to fit components in is it just a case of swoping current speaker and tweater with new ones no extra wiring needed?

Also how do you get the door panel of without breaking it i unscrewed the screws i could see but it still wasent coming off is there somes clips im missing or summat?

cheers

hi, I have recently just done the same thing. Do not unscrew that screw, you just carefully just pull off the cover to reveal the speakers.

As for speakers under £50 i bought the Alpine ones for about 45 that are designed to only be used with no amp. They ar eperfect for me as i have no intention of amping it up and sound fantastic with my cda9855 hu.

they just scre straight in once you rip off the plastic connection thingie.

hope that helps, i am sure everyone else will tell you to spend a little extra and get components but for that sort of money you wont get much better.

yeah if you dont want to go down the serious sound system route then non amped speakers like the ones mentioned above will be great, to be fair you dont need amps for anything other than subs imo, obviously if you amp bigger speakers like 6x9's they will be louder and theyre potential will be used more, but for the average person you just dont need that loud.

A good quality headunit and good quality speakers will always be good, dont be fooled by cheap brands quoting high power ratings, they wont do it and theyll sound crap trying usually.

Id say get components, good ones, again like one smentioned above, cant go wrong with alpine, and yeah, the cables will just swap over no problem, - to - and + to + to problem, thats it :cool:

Back