Styling Fitting rear lowering springs quick easy job ?????

Currently reading:
Styling Fitting rear lowering springs quick easy job ?????

Hi , Thinking of trying to save myself some money by fitting rear lowering springs myself or with a mate and the paying to get front ones done ....Ive got some 50mm lowering springs to go on to my mk2 punto

Ive heard that a few people on here have changed the rear springs in about 10minutes or less , i can get the tools and the man power to do it lol

Is it hard or easy , quick or long .

and if anybody has done this can they please tell me how lol

Thanks
BTG

Last edited:
Does take just 10 min, jack both sides up and put on axle stands. Trolley jack under the rear axle and jack that up. Remove the top bolts from the shock absorbers. Lower the rear axle again off the jack.

May need assistant to put some extra weight onto the axle downwards while you pull the top of the spring out of it's place (just sits onto a cup thingy)
Once the top of the spring is out of place then twist the spring out of the bottom mount. Just screws out.
Remove the rubber top mount and place that on the new spring. Screw the new spring into the bottom mount, weight on the axle and push the top of the spring onto the 'cup'. Same on the other side. Axle jacked back up. Shocks back into place and lower the car again. Done.

I can do it faster than changing the rear wheels

mate tis 10mins job get both sides of rear in air...then just unbolt the 2x18mm bolts (one either side) at bottom of the shocker and the axel will just swing free...then get a mate to stand on the hub whilst you pull the spring out...just twist off the tubber mounts and twist them onto the new springs...put the new springs back into axel while mate is stood on hub...then when both are in just jack the axel up until bolt holes line up again and tighten the 2x 18mm bolts up

job done!:)

Back