Technical Fitting an Uno Dizzy in an X1/9

Currently reading:
Technical Fitting an Uno Dizzy in an X1/9

bigfatbloke71

According to Jimbro (the man who knows all (y)) an Uno 1300 Dizzy will work in an X1/9 if you keep the X19 shaft. This will convert the car to electronic ignition :slayer:

Does anyone know if this one I have been offered will work or where I can find out if it will work.

Thanks again.

Kev

Last edited:
I really don't know about the 1100 version of the distributor.

Don't forget that the X1/9 had a camshaft driven distributor once-upon-a-time... but that might be even more trouble than it is worth.

Personally I would want an old 1500 distributor and the Uno distributor and see if I can make the parts all fit together. Normally the distributor head is seperate from the mounting so may be able to simply pull the two sets apart to mix-and-match the desired solution.

The advance curve is a tricky subject but if you can get hold of the standard technical data on the different models it should say what the absolute advance available is and what the operating pressures are for the vacuum retard/advance. I have been through all this before many years ago and I can't remember the fine detail. It wasn't my project so I didn't keep the information...

Back