Technical fitting an air horn

Currently reading:
Technical fitting an air horn

i need help, i have my air horns fixed under the bonet on my little sei and i cant find a hole to put the wire through from under the bonet to inside the car for the switch, does any one know where theres a hole to do this as i dnt want to drill though or take the dash off.
please help

What air horns have you got?

If they hold a single note they are MOT passable and you can therefore just wire them up to the existing horn cable run therefore avoiding your problem.

Nick

iv got the La Cucaracha air horns which is 5 horns, i could wire them to the existing horn but i want to keep the existing horn in place, as iv heard that musical air horns maybe illegal on the road
thanks anyway

Fiat Fan said:
iv got the La Cucaracha air horns which is 5 horns, i could wire them to the existing horn but i want to keep the existing horn in place, as iv heard that musical air horns maybe illegal on the road
thanks anyway
they certainly are. if they have i think more then two tones, then they are illegal.
you can use the existing horn wiring to power the horns. should be a simple wiring diagram with the horns [persume they are new and not secondhand]. a relay is needed i think. long time since i fitted ones[my mk 1 127]. use to scare the living daylights out of people:D :D

sumplug said:
they certainly are. if they have i think more then two tones, then they are illegal.
you can use the existing horn wiring to power the horns. should be a simple wiring diagram with the horns [persume they are new and not secondhand]. a relay is needed i think. long time since i fitted ones[my mk 1 127]. use to scare the living daylights out of people:D :D
iv found somewhere to get power from, i just need to get a wire trought to inside of the car to put a switch or button on thanks anyway(y)

Fiat Fan said:
iv found somewhere to get power from, i just need to get a wire trought to inside of the car to put a switch or button on thanks anyway(y)
wire it to your horn button. or follow the wire loom through the bulk head.:)

You MUST wire the positive side of the relay to the battery with a fuse. Do not use any other power source. You can bring an additional wire into the cockpit using the grommet that the loom comes through at the nearside. Push a thin blunt obect through where the wires go and then feed your extra wire back through it.

Cheers

D

rallycinq said:
You MUST wire the positive side of the relay to the battery with a fuse. Do not use any other power source. You can bring an additional wire into the cockpit using the grommet that the loom comes through at the nearside. Push a thin blunt obect through where the wires go and then feed your extra wire back through it.

Cheers

D
yep, that covers the job.:)

rallycinq said:

Cheers

D
ok thanks i will give that a try and thanks to the rest of you for helpping as well cheers (y)

Back