Technical Fitting alloys.... FAIL!! ??

Currently reading:
Technical Fitting alloys.... FAIL!! ??

mufc

Got some alloys from rochford tyres (alloywheels.com). I am told the PCD is 100 so I was provided with variation bolts... When I tried fitting them the bolts aligned up as shown in the pictures? What are the two spikes that come off the hub? Will they be affecting the fit? As the pictures show I highly doubt a variation bolt could correct the misalignment? Help is greatly appreciated!!

Here are the wheels:

http://www.alloywheels.com/product....&strPageHistory=search&strKeywords=4x98,4x100 et35,4x100 et37,4x100 et38,4x100 et40,4x100 et42,4x100 et45&numPageStartPosition=4&strSearchCriteria=any&PT_ID=all&strSort=Low&Make=Fiat&Model=Punto Mk1&strSize=15"&searchSize=15"

Attachments

• Photo027.jpg
    Photo027.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Photo026.jpg
    Photo026.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Photo025.jpg
    Photo025.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Photo024.jpg
    Photo024.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Photo023.jpg
    Photo023.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Tbh matt I spent about half an hour trying to fit them so I am sure at some point I would of used the other holes? I will be trying again tomorrow and have contacted rochford for assistance

I had same problem when fitting my multi hole alloys.

Take off the 2 bolt pins from the hub they are not needed the alloys will hold everything in place when tightened.

Make sure you have the correct rubber fitting ring for the centre bore.

Rest the alloy on your hub then sit on the floor close to your alloy with your legs going under the tyre and the car to support it.

Lift the alloy with your hands to correct the alignment once correct support it in place with your legs and start feeding the wobble bolts in.

If tyou leave it hanging on those pins then the holes do not line up because of the 4x98 and 4x100 difference thats why i removed them.

There will be a slight mislinement because of the PCD difference but the wobble bolts supplied will definatley correct it.

Hope This helps worked for me!

Try my way m8 i stated it above guarenteed to work take out the 2 bolt pins from the hub. All directions are above it will work my way as i have bought alloys like these and had same problem and fixed that problem.

I had same problem when fitting my multi hole alloys.

Take off the 2 bolt pins from the hub they are not needed the alloys will hold everything in place when tightened.

Make sure you have the correct rubber fitting ring for the centre bore.

Rest the alloy on your hub then sit on the floor close to your alloy with your legs going under the tyre and the car to support it.

Lift the alloy with your hands to correct the alignment once correct support it in place with your legs and start feeding the wobble bolts in.

If tyou leave it hanging on those pins then the holes do not line up because of the 4x98 and 4x100 difference thats why i removed them.

There will be a slight mislinement because of the PCD difference but the wobble bolts supplied will definatley correct it.

Hope This helps worked for me!

Yeah, I took the locator pins out and the wheels fit fine! Cheers for the help guys!

Back