fitting a door speaker/are jvc speakers good?

Currently reading:
fitting a door speaker/are jvc speakers good?

moe86

Hi everyone, i have a 5dr mk2b punto & i installed a jvc kd-g385 head unit (5x4),lookin' to add 2 rear speakers (propably 350w) instead of the 30w factory ones & replace the 2 front doors speakers latter.
I have some questions here:
1- When i'm gonna replace the door's speakers do i have to remove the whole "door interior" or just the plastic cover that covers the speakers ?
2- without an amp, what "watt" power can i get from a 350w rear speakers?
3-Are jvc speakers any good ? i found that they're much cheaper than other rivals as kenwood ?:rolleyes:

thanx alot(y)

Hi everyone, i have a 5dr mk2b punto & i installed a jvc kd-g385 head unit (5x4),lookin' to add 2 rear speakers (propably 350w) instead of the 30w factory ones & replace the 2 front doors speakers latter.
I have some questions here:
1- When i'm gonna replace the door's speakers do i have to remove the whole "door interior" or just the plastic cover that covers the speakers ?
2- without an amp, what "watt" power can i get from a 350w rear speakers?
3-Are jvc speakers any good ? i found that they're much cheaper than other rivals as kenwood ?:rolleyes:

thanx alot(y)

Right the speaker covers do come off but there is a plastic bit at the bottom that often snaps im sure a punto owner will be able to tell you exactly gow to get them off as when i had a punto mine were snapped when i got the car.
From your head unit as that is acting as the amp which gives the speaker the power you will get about 12w rms each from the headunit. The speakers themselves are realistically going to be 90-100w RMS which is far less than the 60w Rms per channel that you average 4 channel amp will give.

thanx volxstu, i guess this means i do really need an amp. :(

still lookin' for any experiences about jvc speakers & amp since they're relatively cheaper than many other brands

so, i've bought the 500w 5 way jvc speakers for just 400 L.E (around $67) , now i'm gonna change the front door speakers with a 200w 4 way ones, but i still don't know which amp should i get ?? should i get a 700w one( 500 + 200 ) ? what does the "2-channel" or "4-channel" mean ? what's the difference between the "Bridgeable" & the other types ?:confused:

thanx everybody here:slayer:

Last edited:
Hi there,
still confused, what amp should i buy ? should it be a jvc too for better sound?
what watt power should it be if i'm using 500w + 150w speakers ?
thanx

Back