Fitting 6.5" speakers in front doors (MK2 Punto)

Currently reading:
Fitting 6.5" speakers in front doors (MK2 Punto)

I recently purchased a set of 6.5" fusion speakers 180W (Encounter 6.5” 2-Way Speaker (EN-FR652) ) and need some advice on how to fit them into the front doors of my Fiat Punto 2002 Active Sport. I can do the wiring easy peasy its just getting the actual speakers to fit and screw in place. Are there any adapters that I can purchase that would make it easier? I have tried before and had no luck as I can only get one screw in and they just fall off and the covers for the doors don't go back on.

Thanks for any help!
Joe G

ive recently put some new speakers in my front doors. I had not problem connecting the cables to the speaker. Well i had to cut off the connection which went onto the original speaker, strip the wire back a little bit and put a crimp on each end of the wire.
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_th...ectrical_and_electronics_crimp_connectors.jpg
the crimps i used were the blue one in the bottom right hand corner ^^

And then just slid them onto the connections on the new speakers.
After i had them both screwed in i tried putting the covers on the speakers back on and in doing do i realised that they wont got back on at all. I realised after about 10 mins of trying to get them on that on my original speakers the 3 screws actually sunk into the speaker but on the new speakers they didnt. So i marked up which the screws hit the inside of the covers and i got my trusty old file and filed 3 slots out around the covers and now the covers go back on nice and snugg. All together it took my around 40 mins to fit both speakers. I was proud of myself coz i had never done this sort of thing before haha :)

Hopefully this has helped (y)

lol I tried doing exactly the same thing as you. Managed to wire em up all perfectly but with the speakers I've got the screw holes don't match up so i'll have to drill new holes. Hopefully these adapters will allow me to screw them in properly?

with those adapters do you see the new speaker grill or is it hidden behind that crappy mesh?

At least crappy mesh prevents the speakers from being on-view and a theft risk :)

The part where the speaker mounts is plastic so I suggest turning the speaker slightly and dirlling four new holes rather than trying to use the three that were there before.

-Alex

hi , i have fiat punto mk2 like JOE GUARD. i am not sure if it is mk3 mine. but anyway. I unscrewed the front grill to see at back what is there to being prepared for make front speakers. Is it good to buy 17cm speakers ? I had inserted my hand to check if there are wires. The only that i feel where the connectors for eletirc motor window. FROM WHERE I CAN PASSED THE WIRES, THROUGH INSIDE THE DOOR PASSING THEM OUT ... helpppppppppp is 17cm = to 6.5 ??

hi , i have fiat punto mk2 like JOE GUARD. i am not sure if it is mk3 mine. but anyway. I unscrewed the front grill to see at back what is there to being prepared for make front speakers. Is it good to buy 17cm speakers ? I had inserted my hand to check if there are wires. The only that i feel where the connectors for eletirc motor window. FROM WHERE I CAN PASSED THE WIRES, THROUGH INSIDE THE DOOR PASSING THEM OUT ... helpppppppppp is 17cm = to 6.5 ??

No 16.5 cm is 6.5" 17 should fir but 6.5" is most popular so normally cheaper and more choice. The wires should be behind the speaker so untill you take it off you wont feel them.
Are you trying to fit componenets if so take the connections off the standard wires (mid and tweets extend the wire for the mid and wire to X-over then extend the wires from the x-over th the Mid and Tweet. This is by far the best way as feeding them through the door properly would be an absolute mammoth task.
Right so if you are connecting to an amp then make sure that your HU has an ISO extension so you dont have to cut the cars standard wiring up front and then connect the speaker wires to the amp using double end crimps to add the required length of wire to get to the amp.

There is next to no mounting depth in a mk2/2b. Something like 42mm i think it is but depends on the size of the magnet. If its a small magnet you will be able to get deeper speakers in, if its quite wide then you wont be able to get deep speakers in and will most likely need to buy auto leads adaptor pods to give you more mounting depth.

Back