General First post

Currently reading:
General First post

I think both Andy's and Peter's 16v Cinqs took a damn long time and aren't 100% even yet.

I think you need to drive a 1242 8v Cinq first to compare to a standard 1108, everyone raved about them when they first became popular.

Liam

custard boy said:
just get the turbo lump.straight drop in.could be up and running(possibly)in a weekend

TBH, this is what I would do. HBs aren't all that common, and it'd be much more straightforward...................

h2ypr said:
Lol. Listen.

Its gonna be minor the difference. Not worth the extra hassle of removing a 1.1 engine to fit a 1242. Put it this way.

Between the 899 and the 1.1 there aint much difference Ross

PAH!! Ive got to say that the performance of my 1.1 is loads better than my pants 899er, i could walk quicker than that lol! and i can only imagine how much more slower it would be with big wheels on it. Torque is where its at

AppleSei said:
15bhp between an 899cc and a 1108, thats a bit of a difference

The power difference is certainly there - especially when you're accelerating over 40mph :)

chaos said:
The power difference is certainly there - especially when you're accelerating over 40mph :)

:eek: wot 899ers go over 40mph???....hang on the road has usually run out by the time my cinq gets up to 40mph :p

bloomfieldliam said:
I think both Andy's and Peter's 16v Cinqs took a damn long time and aren't 100% even yet.

I think you need to drive a 1242 8v Cinq first to compare to a standard 1108, everyone raved about them when they first became popular.

Liam

My 16v Cinquecento isn't right yet because I have done quite a bit more to it than fitting the standard engine and I keep on modifying things further, which requires ongoing re-mapping. Having done the conversion quite some time ago, no experience was at hand. Doing it in today, there is a number of things I would start in a different way, saving money. Fitting the standard engine and getting it to run is a matter of a couple of days.

The 16v Seicento of Andy runs on a DTA because they couldn't get it to run on the standard ECU lacking the knowledge to access the codes.

The Sporting engine hasn't got more power than the other 16v engines unless you have a Brazilian spec Bravo.

Emm said:
:eek: wot 899ers go over 40mph???....hang on the road has usually run out by the time my cinq gets up to 40mph :p
must be something seriously up with my 899 then sits at 90mph no probs, torque is fab ( as ne1 whos drove it will tell u) handles a milloin times better with the big wheels ( can throw it at any corner) the sproting just gets away from me on the motorway, hmmmm..........................:)

(alaina soz! )

xxx

h2ypr said:
must be something seriously up with my 899 then sits at 90mph no probs, torque is fab ( as ne1 whos drove it will tell u) handles a milloin times better with the big wheels ( can throw it at any corner) the sproting just gets away from me on the motorway, hmmmm..........................:)

(alaina soz! )

xxx

man i do hope the above comments are a joke? If so you should take up a job as a comedian ;)

Emm said:
man i do hope the above comments are a joke? If so you should take up a job as a comedian ;)
EXCUSE ME? how dare you critise my car if you have never even seen it never mide drove it . i would certainly not do the same to someone else,

Last edited:
Emm said:

Ur the joker.

I have driven loads of cars (An i mean loads) and i still say there is little difference between the 899 and the 1.1. OK the 1.1 is faster but im not grabbing my seat with fear, put it that way. The difference is made out to massive when in fact its not. Both cars are slow regardless of what anyone says. I think everyone knows what me and Alainas other "vehicles" are, so i think we can grasp speed pretty well.

As for alainas car hitting 90mph, easily. On the way to donny she was sitting at 90 on the motorway and i phoned my mate in the VTR behind us, who verified that we were doing 90+. But obviously your not gonna believe that, cause u cant do it.

Ross

h2ypr said:
I have driven loads of cars (An i mean loads) and i still say there is little difference between the 899 and the 1.1. OK the 1.1 is faster but im not grabbing my seat with fear, put it that way. The difference is made out to massive when in fact its not. Both cars are slow regardless of what anyone says.

To be fair you are coming from a coupe, most of us have not had that privilege and so perhaps feel the difference between a 1108cc and an 899cc more than perhaps you do Ross, perhaps if you had done it the other way round (899-1108 -coupe) perhaps you would may see the difference more

AppleSei said:
To be fair you are coming from a coupe, most of us have not had that privilege and so perhaps feel the difference between a 1108cc and an 899cc more than perhaps you do Ross, perhaps if you had done it the other way round (899-1108 -coupe) perhaps you would may see the difference more

Fair point dude.

Im not getting at cinq's (I love them) but its just that in every car circle there is people who are close minded about the power of lesser cars. In the coupe world, the non turbo is regarded as deathly slow, even tho its a quick car. Just the way people are. Just get annoyed at blanket comments.

Here is my speedo in the sporting to show that mines is running ok! Bear in mind i done this with no tailpipe and a hole in the backbox and a hole in the fuel tank and i was 2 up!

108bhp.jpg

That looks like 108/109mph to me, which from a standard sporting seems to be running ok!

Ross

I have driven loads of cars (An i mean loads) and i still say there is little difference between the 899 and the 1.1.

imo a 4.2 second difference in 0-60 times is more than a little difference.

this thread has drifted waaaay off topic thuogh!

arc said:
imo a 4.2 second difference in 0-60 times is more than a little difference.

this thread has drifted waaaay off topic thuogh!

Its little difference when NOONE in their right mind does 0-60 everyday and just uses the car for general driving. But even then. 4.2 second reduction aint that big a difference when your talking like 12-18 second times.

Ross

h2ypr said:
Ur the joker.

I have driven loads of cars (An i mean loads) and i still say there is little difference between the 899 and the 1.1. OK the 1.1 is faster but im not grabbing my seat with fear, put it that way. The difference is made out to massive when in fact its not. Both cars are slow regardless of what anyone says. I think everyone knows what me and Alainas other "vehicles" are, so i think we can grasp speed pretty well.

As for alainas car hitting 90mph, easily. On the way to donny she was sitting at 90 on the motorway and i phoned my mate in the VTR behind us, who verified that we were doing 90+. But obviously your not gonna believe that, cause u cant do it.

Ross

erm i own a 899er and know how she handles and wot speed she does!!
I also own a 1.1 and am able to compare the difference in speed!
As for the comment on it handleing well on corners you must have fitted an anti roll bar since i last visited the FF, mine doesnt have an anti roll bar and handles pants on bends! I thought large wheels would have the same effect :confused:

i doubt the real speed would have been 108/109 especially with those factors mentioned.

Speedos are well known to be so inaccurate at high speeds hance why a GPS is more relaible at that sort of speed.

I would have thought it would be closer to 90/95 TBH

h2ypr said:
Ur the joker.

Ross

I think it's because, like John said, both of you're used to faster, more powerful cars/bikes. Now, I've gone from driving an 899 for 2 years up to the Sporting, and the difference is definately there.
The quoted speed of an 899 is 87mph. The 15s would increase top speed, but I can't say how much off the top of my head. It would also make the speedo overread. If your mate's VTR has larger alloys fitted, it too would be overreading on the speedo. Without doing a timed run at a given constant speed over a given distance, then the speed should be taken with a pinch of salt.
I'm not having a go, I'm just saying that cos someone else confirms what you're seeing, doesn't mean its totally accurate.

Back